Help With Map Scale in CC2 Pro

I would like to play around with creating a city in CC2 Pro. I have CD2 as well. I want to include features within a few miles of the city on the map, but the city templates are all less than one mile in size. I looked at using the smaller map templates, but I thought it would be easier to just make a larger city template since it would have all the appropriate layers already present and the 'Distance' tool lists measurements in feet vs miles with a map template. However, I do not know how to change the scale of a city template from, say, 2000' x 1600' to 6 x 5 miles. I am still pretty new at using CC2 Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2008
    Create a new map based on the 2000' x 1600' template
    Go to the layers dialog, and unfreeze (thaw) all layer (Then close the box)
    Enter command: SCALE
    Press A for All
    Press D for Do it
    Enter the new scale: 15.84 (Or use the approximate value of 16) [You can use formulas here instead of calculating the value yourself, but I have no idea how many feet there was in a mile, so I had to google it anyway, so I just used the calculated value]
    Hit enter
    Hit enter to accept the default origin.
    zoom extents

Note that the scalebar is now off (You could exclude it from the selection before scaling to keep it correct, but this will make it very small), but the map is rescaled to 6 miles wide (31680 feet)

Notice that I just scaled id according to the X dimension, so the Y is slightly smaller than 5 miles using this method. You can also use SCALEXY instead, but then you need to enter both X and Y factor.