cc3+ comandeering cc3 files

i have just reinstalled my collection (pretty much everything) now that my old computer completely crashed out and put it on a new one.

cc+ has made itself the default way to open the fcw files, and so far, trying to change the properties hasn't altered anything. licking on an fcw opens cc3+, and if now i'm getting a crash message when i try to open cc3.

i am sure that this was addressed earlier, but couldn't find the thread. any help or suggestions will be welcome

Comments

• Open the program first, then load the map. The maps made by both end in fcw.

I have the following folder structure:

Profantasy/CC3/Crestar/
    Profantasy/CC3Plus/Crestar/

I use either a folder link on my desktop, or use windows explorer to browse my way to the map file from within the program I'm using.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Try removing the current drawing entry for CC3 in the Windows registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EvolutionComputing\CampaignCartographer3\WorkingDrawing
    Does that allow you to start CC3 then? If you right-click the CC3 shortcut and do "Run as Administrator", Windows should set CC3 as the default method of opening FCW files. Do the same with the CC3+ shortcut to switch back to CC3+.
  • that did it Ralf, thanks a lot.