CC3 Update Unable to Install New Files

I recently installed DD3 and tried to run CC3 Update 11. I get a message that says "CC3 Update 11 was unable to install the new files. The error code is: -11." I've never had any trouble running this update before. "Run as administrator" doesn't help. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7 and I've never had any problems with installing or running CC3 before.

Comments

• I installed DD3 to CC3+, updated it, and ran it with no problem. So the issue is just with CC3 somehow.
  • Okay, I think I see the basic problem. Norton has suddenly decided that CC3 Update 11, which I've been running for a year and a half, is a virus (or contains a virus), and is blocking part of it. Removing DD3 didn't help, so it might be unrelated to that program.

Anybody else have a problem like this?
  • Yes,

the new Norton updates block and even deletes files even after you tell it to not to. i had it mess up several programs I've run for years because of false positives and suspicious activity, etc.

You need to set up Norton so it excludes your folder in which you have your CC3 Update 11 from all scans including real time protection.

Then get the update out of quarantine if it is in it .

You may also need to set up some other things in Norton too if the program needs to connect to the internet at any point..
  • Blackadder23Blackadder23 Traveler
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

I may try that next time. What I did this time was disconnect my computer from the internet, turn off Norton completely, and run the update. It worked fine, but then of course I had to turn everything back on. It'll be annoying if I have to do it this way every time I run the update, but manageable. I'll probably try what you suggested instead. Thanks again.
  • 1 month later
  • I just wanted to mention that this problem seems to have corrected itself at some point, I guess during one of the Norton updates. I'm no longer having any issue with CC3 or CC3+.