Status of new Tome? Also, status of more cd3 and dd3 help docs?

Just wondered if anyone had an idea when the new Ultimate Tome might be out? Also, are there plans for more written documentation to help us on CD3 and DD3?

Signed,

Help Needed.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    My guess is that DD3 and CD3 documentation will be produced once the CC3 manual is out the door.
    The Tome will probably wait until all the manuals are done, and hopefully not before all Version 3 products are released.

This is only a guess however. If Ralf or Simon has anything official regarding this, they'll probably leave a comment.
  • 1 month later
  • edited December 2008
    I'd like to ask about The Tome of Ultimate Mapping and Source Maps: Cities!. Can I install them into CC3 and edit the maps with CD3 or I should install CC2 Pro with CD2 Pro and install them there? In fact, are the Tome and SM:C fully compatible with CC3 and CD3? Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Source Maps: Cities is intended for use with CC3, so no problems there.
    As for the Tome, it is a CC2 product, but I don't think it install anything more than a few example files (including maps, catalogs and templates), so I don't believe it will cause any problems for CC3. I haven't tried this though. If you wish to be sure, just install CC2, install the Tome into the CC2 directory, then use CC3 afterward to actually access/edit the files.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    The CC3 manual is now finished and available for download. Work continues on both the Tome and the free documentation. I don't have a release date for them, though, sorry.