CC3+ Compatibility

I like CC3+, it's got better performance. I still don't understand why the color matrix can't be applied to symbols, but that's alright.

Are all the monthly's compatible with CC3+?

And is Cosmographer compatible with CC3+?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For the annuals, not yet. All new annuals that arrive are compatible with CC3+, but the old ones have not been converted yet.
    Same goes for Cosmographer. It will be updated, but it is not ready yet.
  • When can we expect all annuals available in CC3+?
  • Profantasy will post here when it is ready.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Posted By: RevenantBobI still don't understand why the color matrix can't be applied to symbols, but that's alright.
    Can you elaborate this point?
  • Only some symbols are vari-color.
  • edited July 2016
    So I kind of figured it out. I'm conservative here because I'm yet to prove it in practice, but so far it works just good.

I've copied all files related to the annual I want to convert (it was CA51 Jonathan Roberts style) and then created symbol catalog settings/master filters. It's for Overland Styles.

If you're interested, this is what I did:
    1. We have CC3 installation folder on one side (C:\program files\profantasy\CC3 or x86 version if you have 64-bit system like me) and CC3Plus data folder on the other side (C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus)
    2. Locate all CA data in CC3 folder and move it to the same location within CC3Plus folder.
    - Templates\Overland Maps
    - Templates\Overland Maps\Wizard
    - System\Drawtools
    - System\Effects
    - System\Fill Styles
    - Symbols\Maps
    - Bitmaps\*
    3. Create new definition file in System\Symbol Catalog Master Filters for the style. It's XML so it is easily editable. I've copied one of existing .sif and change it.
    4. Create new definition files in System\Symbol Catalog Settings for the style. Again, it is XML. Edit paths to relevant symbol definition files you've just copied earlier.
    5. Restart CC3+ and use converted style.

If I missed something, let me know please.