Lossy export with lighting

Hi folks,

It's been a bit of a while since my last map so I wanted to go back to giving lighted dungeons another shot. I managed to put together something I like (inspired by all of your Summer maps + SS2 for CC3+) which I attached in fcw format (ignore the occasional missing images; I pointed them to some other symbols I had on my computer).

When I render this map in CC3+ the colors look beautiful and the lighting/shadows are really convincing. Unfortunately, any time I export the map to PNG (I've also tried BMP and JPG), the colors look terrible. See exported image here.

The current resolution is 2880x2304. I've tried bumping the resolution to 5000x4000 but when I do that, it exports even lossier with the darkened rope bridge basically replaced with a giant black rectangle (not sure if this is file-format lossiness or lossiness internal to CC3+).

I've also had zero luck with the printing wizard which seems to crash if I look at it funny (at least, with a map with lighting like this).

Anyone have any thoughts how I can improve the color quality, resolution and keep CC3+ from crashing with my map?

Thanks!
jedius

Comments