Character Artist & Symbols

Questions about Character Artists:
1. Does any of the annuals add to it?
2. Is there a list of races and creatures that you can create with it?
3. Can you do front and back for paper miniatures?
4. Can you make them transparent except for the lines for placing on maps (especially those that look antique).
5. I also want to shrink the scale down and add them here and there on my regional maps (It would look cool if you could actually spot trolls here and there within the Grendelkjarr!)

Thanks!

Comments

• PS: Does any of the annuals have additional Border/Political Symbols?

I am desperately looking for more options such as Dragon Heads, Demi-Humans (other than elf or dwarf), and Humanoids.

I am also looking for a variety of shield types and designs.
  • edited August 2015
    One more item:

As far as Border/Political Symbols are concerned; I am also looking for ancient culture specific symbols:
    1. Norse
    2. Celtic
    3. African
    4. Asian
    5. Indian
    6. Native American
    7. Greece
    8. Roman
    9. Egyptian

Just to name but a few.
  • Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonQuestions about Character Artists:
    1. Does any of the annuals add to it?
    2. Is there a list of races and creatures that you can create with it?
    3. Can you do front and back for paper miniatures?
    4. Can you make them transparent except for the lines for placing on maps (especially those that look antique).
    5. I also want to shrink the scale down and add them here and there on my regional maps (It would look cool if you could actually spot trolls here and there within the Grendelkjarr!)

Thanks!
    I have almost all of the annuals and I've used CA3 quite a bit, so I'll try to answer your questions.

1. None of the annuals add materially to CA3. I think one of them included standups or something like that.
    2. You can do humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, and half-orcs by default. Gnomes are no longer a specific racial choice, but I suppose you could just put a white beard and silly clothes on a dwarf and call it a gnome. Close enough, right? There are a bunch of monster parts to make things like lizardmen, goblinoids, and undead. Also birdmen, I think. I haven't used the monster parts that much.
    3. You can do a silhouette front and back, but not a fully detailed back.
    4. Maybe? I'm pretty sure you could with CA2, but I haven't really tried with CA3.
    5. I don't see any reason you couldn't do that. Sounds pretty cool.

I hope that helps a little!
  • 8 months later
  • edited May 2016
    There is one Annual that adds to CA3: Volume 8, 2014 - but that seems to be the only one. The description of the annual is a bit lacking on the totality of what is offered in the annual for CA3, other than that is include many pre-made characters and adds to the available symbol set. It would be nice to know what, if any, the actual symbol catalog contained before dropping US$40 down on this if all you are really interested in is the CA3 content additions.

See: http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2014/
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited May 2016
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonQuestions about Character Artists:
    The symbols in CA3 are ordinary symbols, just like CC3+, CD3 and DD3 symbols. Anything that you can do with those you can do with the CA3 symbols.
    You also can scale CA3 symbols, just like any other symbols. We've done quite a bit of that. For instance, when we want a heavier duty dwarf, a fat sorcerer or a more muscular female warrior than CA3 offers, we simply:

1) Click the desired symbol.

2) Click the right mouse key.

3) (See the screen shot below.) We click "Independent X and Y" on.

4) And then we set the X scale up to 1.05 or 1.1.

Manipulating scales can do quite a bit to make CA3 more versatile than it at first appears to be.