FT3 White Exports

I have been trying to do a multiple file export from FT3 to CC3. Sometimes a row of the CC files will have everything white. A list of objects reveals that something is there but no matter what you do to them they remain stubbornly invisible. It is very frustrating. The version of FT3 I am using is 3.0.12 and CC3 is 3.42. This problem does not always occur but it is frequent enough to be a nuisance. Is there any way of fixing this?

Comments

• Well at this stage I am about finished with this program. It has become so frustrating.
    Have people also noted that the use view as basis doe snot use anything like the view displayed. I tried this with a whole world displayed. When this box is not ticked the CC3 map shows the whole world. When it is ticked you get a rectangle based somewhere in the centre with about a third of each side not exported. This gets even worse with export of more levels.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    I have never been too fond of the export multiple maps feature because it doesn't have any of the decorative features that I want on a map (symbols, text, roads, etc.) The same can be said for the regular CC3 export, but the multiple maps export can generate thousands of maps that I would need to go in and do work on.

When I want to save multiple maps for a world, I find that things go much easier for me if I select a view that I'm interested in and then name that view using View>>Add View (the named view ensures that I can get back to that view when I want). I do this for the areas that I want (I rarely want 500 maps of the white border across the top and bottom of the world or 1000 maps of open ocean, for example), typically continents and countries. When I get the views that I want, I use View>>View Window to bring up the list of views. Selecting all of the views that I want to export and then clicking the Export as CC3 button. I get just the parts that I want without all of the parts that I don't want. This technique also allows a change in map projection for areas (e.g. Hammer for whole-world, Lambert Conformal Conic for continental maps, Orthographic for more local areas, and more specialized projections for other purposes), which the basic export multiple files thing doesn't.
  • edited August 2015
    I have used the saved views for the basis of multiple file outputs but the use view as basis results in a large swathe being removed all around the area I want, this means to get the view (as the A level map) you have to zoom out and retry until you get all the region you want. Works fine for single map output but not for multiple, it looks like their is a problem in the multiple file output working out the map boundaries.

Now with the current version 3.0.12 I am now getting unpredictable white maps where a map is produced, but everything is white and it does not matter what I have tried these maps remain blank. I have noticed that when this occurs it is a complete row, the one above and below are fine but nothing in the white maps can be revealed.

This is the world map exported as a single cc3 file.
  • edited August 2015
    And this is the same view exported as the A level of a multiple file export.
    So you can see how the use selected view effects the map.
    As you can see it slices a strip from the top and bottom and much wider strips from the left and right.