Anyone know where I can get a copy of CC2 Pro

So I have been using the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas for years, adding maps to it, but haven't for a few years. I had bought CC3 originally and downloaded CC2 pro as well when there was an option to do that. Through computer upgrades I finally lost that copy of CC2 Pro that was only a download. Now I can't edit or add maps to The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas any more because any map I make in CC3 won't display any symbol fills or bitmaps in the drawing when open it in the Atlas. So I am looking for another copy of CC2 Pro or some other option to get this working again. The Atlas is such a great piece of software I would hate to not be able to add to it any more.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2015
    You can use CC3 to edit FR atlas maps fine, just make sure to stick to vector-only styles. When creating a new map, look for the CC2 Pro styles in the Overland category, and the DD Pro options in the dungeon category. Using these styles allows you to make maps that work fine in the FR Atlas. Obviously, also avoid adding raster symbols and bitmap fills to these map types.
    If you load a map from the FR atlas in CC3, you can also edit it just fine, just make sure to only use vector symbols and fills.

There is also an installer available to add the FR Atlas Symbols to CC3. Contact ProFantasy support to get it. If you really want to use the old CC2 Pro, also contact ProFantasy support, and I am sure you can work something out, but do remember that CC2 Pro does not work properly on newer versions of Windows.
  • Hmm, if I load a map in CC3, lets say map "Volo 5288". If I load it them right away hit the save button without making any changes, then close it. Then I load the map in the Atlas and all the fill styles disappear, like the fill styles for the shingles on the roof, cobble on the roads and grass on the...well grass ;) It is not limited to those, it is all the fill styles that get screwed up. Is this a setting issue? I am not making any changes to the map other than just loading the map in CC3 and saving it right away.
    hmm,

Yea, I can see what you mean. That is a bit weird, because the map format is the same in CC2 and CC3. CC3 adds some entities which CC2 doesn't understand and thus ignores, but symbol fills (which are the once disappearing here) is not one of those. AFAIK this should have worked just fine. I guess this is some kind of a bug, but knowing that doesn't help you.

Unless you really don't want to lose the globe feature of the atlas though, there is really no reason to continue to use the old CC2-based executable, you can just as well view your atlas maps inside CC3 itself. All functionality, like hyperlinks work just as well there. This will allow you to edit maps just fine, and also add additional CC3 features to them without any worry of them not displaying correctly. Or, if you want a more lightweight read-only viewer, you can use the CC3 Viewer and printer. Just point it to any map in the atlas, and it will navigate the maps just fine.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    The globe feature of the atlas is a different executable than the main viewer. It should still work, even if it's not integrated into the main software.
  • edited August 2015
    Yeah I don't even use the globe. The viewer is a possibility, but I just wish it had a "Parent Map" button. It is annoying :) I know you can use the compass for the parent map, just like the button better :)
    You can make that button easily enough, you just need to to some simple toolbar entry. The Parent button simply invokes a macro that activates a hotspot on a predetermined spot on the map (coordinates 0.5,0.5 to be exact). In the viewer, just edit the menu file and add a button that calls either PARENT or ACT .5,.5
    (The former calls a built-in macro, but unfortunately, the actions of this macro causes the map to count as modified, so you get the save prompt in CC3. The latter is really the interesting part of the macro, and can be called directly)

The menu entry will look something similar to this:
    #17,PARENT:[Parent map]|PARENT;
    (The number of the start denotes which toolbar and the position on the toolbar, so 17 might not be the best value in the viewer, I haven't examined it's toolbars)
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited August 2015
    Hmmm. Are you convertng from CC2 to CC3 maps in CC3 ?

I have some old maps I'm working on and doing that conversion. Two sheets are created Floor and Miscellaneous. These two show up at the bottom of the list. So symbols and fills can disappear.

I then move the sheets to this part of the list.

Floors
    Floor

Symbols
    Miscellaneous

And the symbols, etc. now display correctly. I then replace the walls and symbols with newer fills and symbols.

I've attached the old and new png files.
  • Posted By: MonsenYou can make that button easily enough, you just need to to some simple toolbar entry. The Parent button simply invokes a macro that activates a hotspot on a predetermined spot on the map (coordinates 0.5,0.5 to be exact). In the viewer, just edit the menu file and add a button that calls either PARENT or ACT .5,.5
    (The former calls a built-in macro, but unfortunately, the actions of this macro causes the map to count as modified, so you get the save prompt in CC3. The latter is really the interesting part of the macro, and can be called directly)

The menu entry will look something similar to this:
    #17,PARENT:[Parent map]|PARENT;
    (The number of the start denotes which toolbar and the position on the toolbar, so 17 might not be the best value in the viewer, I haven't examined it's toolbars)
    Thank you very much. That worked perfectly.
  • Just some quick additional info on some things that got mentioned.

1.) The FR Atlas has had 3 update patches released for it.

If you Waybackmachine the old download page you can still download the update patches.

The old download page was at:

http://www.wizards.com/electronic/downloads.asp

I had to go to several different waybacks of the page to get all the downloads, if I recall correctly.

You need to use the Atlas menu options Go and Reindex Atlas for the new Atlas elements to be come functional.

The updates fixed some maps and added many, and I do mean many, additional maps that were not included with the ones on the CD.

2.) The CC3 version of these symbols can be downloaded at:

https://secure.profantasy.com/fratlas/tech.htm

Notes: You need to have the FR Atlas & CC3 installed for he CC3 version of the symbols to install.

You can also get a text file listing of all the FR Atlas maps at:

https://secure.profantasy.com/fratlas/faq.htm

Note: the link to the files is in the what maps are included answer.

3.) If you got CC2 as a download you ought to be able to download it via your downloads page where you registered your CC3.

You can also contact ProFantasy and ask if you can get a copy of CC2 and the CC2 versions of any CC3 products you have and mention the reason why you want to access an older version.

4.) As was mentioned CC2 doesn't work on newer versions of Windows. If you are using Windows 7 Profesional you can install from Microsoft Windows XP Virtual Mode and instal CC2 in the XP Virtual Mode and use it that way with no problems.
  • One quick thing I forgot to mention some of the fonts that are part of the FR Atalas don't work correctly in newer versions of Windows, because of how Microsoft changed how meta data is handled and the FR Atlas installer will not install the fonts correctly too, so the ones that will work will.

I made a very long forum post talking about fonts and problems regarding them that you can search the forum for for more information on these problems.