Perspectives

I was alarmed when I downloaded Perspectives 3 to find it's actually CC2 made compatible for CC3. Given my problems in earlier post about CD3 [http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=5346&page=1#Item_1], I'm very reluctant to even open the .exe file. Advice please.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It is true that the current version of Perspectives is just a compatibility upgrade for an old CC2 Pro add-on, but it does work just as well as any other CC3 add-on (It is only updated to work with CC3 though, not CC3+). There is no real difference between the compatibility upgrades an a "normal" CC3 add-on, except that the modern add-ons includes raster artwork and sometimes new features, while the compatibility addons only contains the traditional vector artwork.

I know you have experienced several technical problems, so I am not sure what advice to give you, except that you should treat this just as you would any other CC3 add-on, the fact that it is a compatibility update is not going to cause any additional problems a new add-on would, but given the other problems you have experienced, I can't in any way promise that you won't see something similar here. I am really unsure what causes your problems though, my installations of CCx up through the years is probably reaching triple digits by now, the vast majority of them without any issues at all.
  • Thanks for your reassurances Monsen. I'll go ahead and instal it. :)