CC3+/CD3+ Symbol Set B all objects moving to active sheet

Hi folks. So, I'm sure there's an obvious thing I am missing, but clearly I need assistance finding probably what is right under my nose.

I am making a map in CC3+ with CD3+. Everything is updated. I am set up with a standard template and using CD3's Symbol Set B.

When I add a new entity on my map, it is moving to whatever sheet is active, rather than the sheet where it is supposed to go to. I think this started after I made some custom sheets.

For one example:
- I create a SYMBOLS MISC sheet to assign some symbols I want to have separate effects from the regular SYMBOLS sheet. And I move some symbols to this sheet. Because of this, the SYMBOLS MISC sheet is shown as active on top of the screen.
- Done with those symbols, I move on to drawing some water elements, for a river running through the town. I check the water tool, and it indeed says it is set up to put this tool on the WATER sheet (it is NOT set to default whatever sheet is active).
- But I notice the water looks off, and when I check to see what sheet it's on, it's on my SYMBOLS MISC sheet. I double check the water tool and it still says it's supposed to go to the water sheet.

This is happening with everything, so if I forget to change the active sheet, everything is moving to whatever is listed as active at the top of the page. Trying to deal with this is really slowing things down because I'm either having to remember to change sheets constantly or move things after the fact.

I don't ever recall this happening in CC3 -- symbols and other entities reliably went to whatever sheet they were pre-assigned to, regardless of active sheet (unless of course the item itself was set to default to whatever sheet is active).

I looked to see if there was a universal command to set symbol defaults (whether to active or the tool's setting) but I couldn't find it. Search here and internet turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This sounds a bit weird, I cannot reproduce this, my drawing tools work as expected.

If you look up at the status bar after selecting the drawing tool, does the current sheet switch to WATER? (Until you are done with the too, then it should switch back to the previous).

Have you tried this in a new map? Do you see the same behavior there?