Printing Issue

Two things dealing with printing:

Often when printing maps with grids, I'll get page cuts that run right through a square, leaving a partial square on each sheet. Given that I don't physically connect the sheets together, but simply lay them next to each other on the gaming table (this, combined with sheet protectors, makes it easier to store them in a binder) this is kind of annoying. Does anyone have any advice for how I can set maps up so that the page breaks are forced to be on the grid lines?

Second, CC3 seems to assume that printers are capable of printing right to the edge of the paper and doesn't allow for a printer's minimum margins. Furthermore, these minimum margins are generally different in the horizontal and vertical direction and even on opposite sides of the page, so while a certain % overlap setting might compensate for this on one side, that generally doesn't fix the problem on the other sides (leaving a gap if you picked a % overlap setting that compensated for a small margin or creating overlap if you picked a % overlap that compensated for a large margin). Is there a way to tell CC3 about the minimum margins that a printer requires so that it can segment the map appropriately when setting up a multi-page print?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    CC3 is supposed to get the printers margins from the printer driver. If it doesn't, it is generally a problem with the printer driver supplying incorrect information. I don't think there is a way to manually override this inside CC3.

As for printing maps with grids, I don't have any good advice for you unfortunately, as I never print gridded maps, but perhaps someone else has some good ideas. If you set the overlap high enough, you should be able to get all squares as whole squares, but you will end up with cut versions of the same squares on other sheets as well.