Does CC3+ allow multpile computers to use the download?

I want to buy cc3+. I want to share it with other computers. Is it possible to buy the download and then let multpile computers download it?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    You are allowed to put CC3 on up to 3 computers physically located at the same address and not used at the same time - it really is for your own use. Anything more than that and you are violating the license. If there are going to be multiple users all using it at the same time or residing at different physical addresses, each user should purchase their own license. That's the right thing to do - and it supports continuing development of the tools!

You can find the license here.

Relevant portion:

DESCRIPTION OF RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
    Installation and use. You may install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on up to three personal computers (PCs) at one address (including laptops normally kept at that address) for non-concurrent (not used simultaneously on more than 1 PC) and non-commercial use. Alternatively you may install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single personal computer for commercial use. Any use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for profit or by any business constitutes commercial use. Any use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT by recognized academic or charitable institutions constitutes non-commercial use.
    R A Jacobs
  • edited August 2015
    @R A Jacobs
    Thanks for the answer. So does that mean I can share it with 3 computers through the download version? And will I truly violate terms if I shared it with another computer? I wanna try and not violate terms but want to try and share this software with a few friends who wanna make fantasy maps too. :)
  • Yes, you will be in violation of the license if you share your license key with individuals who do not physically reside at your residence and/or on computers that are not owned by you.

Your friends should purchase their own licenses. If you violate the license, ProFantasy is within their rights to revoke the license and you would lose access to the software you paid for.

I'm not with ProFantasy - I don't represent them, etc. - but each user that is going to make maps should have a license. If you have questions about what is allowed or not, I would recommend you contact ProFantasy directly. Reps from ProFantasy are on the forum, but this discussion is probably better had with them directly rather than on a User/Community Forum.

Hope that helps,

R A Jacobs
  • edited August 2015
    One 'free for now' alternative for making maps would be Inkarnate. You can make some pretty maps with it. http://inkarnate.com/

For battlemaps there's this too: http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/