Lost buttons on CC3

Good eveninag all,

After finally installing the whole shebang (thanks for the advice on order most appreciated) I thought I would start with the ten minute tutorial.

The first two pages are fine, then it asks to use the landmass button. I can't find that button anywhere.... On the left hand side I have the following:
Far left Near left
Room button Add corridor
Default wall Default floor
Default water Default cave
Default terrain All dungeon drawing tools
Symbol catalog settings Symbol style toggle

I'm probably missing something really simple, but can't figure out what??

Be grateful for any advice

Many thanks
Glen

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You have the DD3 toolbars active. Click the Overland button to return to the default toolbars (It is in the file toolbar at the top, first of the add-on buttons at the end of this toolbar)
  • Hi Monsen,

I have no Overland button on the row.

On the bar I have
    File
    Edir
    View
    draw
    Tools
    Symbols
    Dungeon
    Info
    Help
    ISO
    Lights

When i installed I just added everything, except the WWII maps (interactive)

Many thanks Glen
    That's your menu bar. Look on the toolbar below it. The tooltip for the Overland button reads 'Map Menu' btw.
  • Think I have broken it....

The button, when clicked does nothing. Just to check all the other buttons DD, SS3, SS4, Cos, CA, etc.. all change the buttons on the left side. When right clicked I get threre options new map, map draw tools and example maps

Any advice....please

Glen (sorry for taking up your Sunday evening)
    hmm... That's weird, when clicked, it should set the menu set to the default overland menu, allowing you to see the various overland buttons to the left. The right click menu you describe do indicate that you have found the right button though.
    Let's try the menu instead. Select Tools --> Add Ons -> Campaign Cartographer. This menu item is basically the same as clicking the button.

Note that starting a new 'CC3 standard overland' map from the new map wizard should also load the overland menu set.
  • edited July 2015
    HI Monsen,

Now I don't feel too daft. I have tried both the tools---> Add ons --> Campaign Cartographer and nothing changed
    I also tried the 'CC3 standard overland map' and tried again, determined the settings myself and still have the dungeon toolbar active...
  • edited July 2015
    On the add on list, I do have a list of my expansion programmes (DD3, CA3, annuals etc) but none are ticked or change the toolbars when I click them
    Weird. I assume you have tried restarting CC3? Also, have you installed the latest update (Update 11, downloadable from your registration page)

Assuming that, let us try loading the menu file manually.

Type in the command MENU on the command line at the bottom (Make sure you are not in the middle of another command, you can see that it is ready to accept a command by the fact that it starts with the word command followed by something in square brackets [ignore whitewater's in the square brackets for now]). If you are in the middle of another command, it can be aborted by hitting ESC.
    Once you hit enter (or space) after typing MENU, you should get a standard file open dialog. Use this to browse for and open the FCW32.MNU file in the c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3 directory. This should tell CC3 to load the standard overland menu.
    If this doesn't work as expected (i.e. you are seeing the overland tools in the top left, but instead other tools, like the dungeon ones), you'll probably need to reinstall CC3. If you end up doing this, I would recommend just installing CC3 and the latest update first, and test that everything works as intended before starting installing the addons.
  • Hi Monsen,

Thank you very much for the help... There is no FCW32.MNU file in that directory, so I will reinstall CC3

G
    Sounds like that is required.
    Just to confirm, you did find other .mnu files in that folder, right, like the dungeon.mnu file?
  • Yes there were several .mnu files in that folder
    Ok, definately a corrupt installation then. A reinstall should take care of it. I could provide you with that single file, but in my experience, when one file is missing, you never know what else might be, so a reinstall is usually the best option.