Most floors are pinkish for me, what did I do wrong?

Ok, Long time user, never had a prob in WinXP... but now I've decided to use my Win7 laptop...
And now i have problems.

So I've checked the forums here and I don't see this effecting anyone (unless the topic of resolve is buried)

Selecting a DDPro floor texture is fine (left sample on uploaded image), but the DD3 floor textures like for the uploaded example (Herringbone and cobblestone) are showing up as pink-ish (might be colorblind)... and this is using both CC3+ and the old CC3.

My graphics are updated and CC is on Admin permissions.

So how do I get the textures to show up properly? I have flagstone in the pic as my setup default floor and that worked ok... but using the DD bitmap textures are a no-go pink.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    hmm, looks weird. Is this using the default DD3 Dungeon template?
    Does this happen on all maps? What happens if you open up one of the DD3 example maps? Does the floors look like that there too?
  • edited July 2015
    not template, this is when I pick my floor from the list. DD3 Color, just tested again. It seems to only do this with the DD3 Color textures chosen on the dropdown menu (right click on the floor icon and pick from a set)

Happens on dungeon/interior maps, havent tried CD maps or CC overland yet. even rendering them does not fix.

Edit: used both intergrated graphic as well as High Performance NVidia processor settings... same.
    So if I get you right, you are actually just right-clicking on the floor icon, and then you choose different styles from the drop-down box at the top?
    You can't do that if drawing tools contains raster fill styles, because the tool references the fill styles in the template. You need to start a new map using the correct template to have the tools work correctly, for example to use the 'Dungeon DD3 Color' tools, you need to base the map of the 'DD3 dungeon' template.

If you need to use 'Foreign' tools in a template, you will first need to import the fills used by those tools.
  • Well then why does this all work perfectly for me in WinXP (and still does) with no pink? I'm not using anything different than the stock CC/DD/CD and all my other addons.

I've used CC for eons (since Core Rules 2.0 "CM") and I've always picked my wall and floors before plotting them down and they worked fine... its only in Win7 that this doesn't seem to work... Hmm... maybe I need to show you on video So you can see it in action. I'll try to do that tonight. :)
    Videos are fine. Do please record everything you do from CC3 startup though, otherwise it misses important context.
  • edited July 2015

There ya go, Please ignore any mishaps... this was hastily made ;)

First part is me on Win XP desktop where its working fine (but I suppose you are thinking that the way I'm doing this is the wrong way), second is on the Win7 Laptop with the probs.

As for startup sorry I made this then came back on with your request to see startup...
    It was simple, the designation was DD Dungeon with bitmaps. This is just using CC (however CC+ is the same prob)

Startup video on the upload 10 min or so... just did my WinXP but its the same as my Win7, using Dungeon Designer exactly the same
  • edited July 2015

My startup on XP, exactly the way I also do this on Win7 but if you really really need me to show you the exact same thing I will.

EDIT: Found out what happened... hand hit fingerpad on laptop to "CC Dungeon" so selecting DD fills ends up being the "PINK" ones.
    I must remember to disable the fingerpad I'm always hitting it by accident.

Whew! I thought I was going crazy there... thanks Mons for making me retrace my steps
    edited July 2015
    Great that you figured it out.

I just watched your videos before I saw your edit here, and while you definitely do everything correctly, there is one thing you should be noticing. If you ever find a need to change the 'Style' dropdown in the choose drawing tool box to get the tools you thought you were supposed to have, then you are on the wrong template to begin with. As you probably noticed yourself, in your latest XP video, the Dungon DD3 Color was already selected and ready to go, because that was the correct style for the map.
    (This is also the main reason why I asked for a video from program startup, otherwise such important details are not shown. It is usually the actiuons leading up to the problem that are interesting, not the problem itself)

If you wonder why the tools are pink (or sometimes another color), this is because the tool references a fill style that does not exist in the current map/template. Since it cannot find the fill style, it just uses the color of the tool as a fill (All tools have a color, even though you won't see it most of the time because a raster fill basically overrides it as long as it is present)

Tools that do not have a raster fill can usually be used in any template (Such as the DD Pro tools), and if you really wish to use the tools belonging to another style, you can also import the fill styles easily, but untill you do, the tools are going to behave like you experienced.