ProFantasy at Spiel'08

As some of you may know, the world's largest games fair starts on Thursday (October 23rd) in Essen, Germany: Spiel'08.

As always, ProFantasy will have a booth in the role-playing and miniatures games hall (Hall 6), and yours truly will be staffing it together with his trusty booth monkeys Gordon and Thorsten. This year our exact location is different from the last three years: we're booth number 6-232. You can look up the location here.

I'm looking forward to meeting old and new ProFantasy users - you folks. If you've got questions about the software, maps or anything else relating to ProFantasy, I'll be happy to answer them and demo the software.

So if you just happen to be near Essen in Germany some time from Thursday to Sunday, stop by our booth and say "Hello!".

Comments

• 6 days later
  • Today I buyed the last exemplar of cosmographer pro and ordered dungeon designer 3 and city designer 3 (and payed al three) at the games fair in Essen.
    There are two problems:
    1) I still dign't got any confirmation of my order, allthough I was told so.
    2) I was told, that I can register my new cosmographer pro, so I can use it with my CC3. This doesn't work!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1) Contact ProFantasy's order desk. They'll help you out with ordering issues.

2) After registering your serial number at your registration page, you should get a link to download the Cosmo compatibility update at the top of the right sidebar. Download and install this update (Do NOT install Cosmographer Pro itself into your CC3 directory, ONLY install the compatibility update. Otherwise, you'll mess up your CC3 installation).
    If you are unable to register your serial, contact ProFantasy Tech Support
  • edited October 2008
    1) done

2) to register was my first try. I still hoped, that I made something just wrong. Yesterday I've send the Tech Support an e-mail. I just hope that they can solve my problem quickly, because I've disappointed of an evening without starship- and sector creation.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I think we sorted that out, Finarfin, right?

Spiel'08 was big fun and I was very happy to work with my trusted booth monkeys (waves to Gordon and Thorsten) again. ;) It was also great to meet new and old users alike and dish out a little advice and help here and there. I wish I had more time to chat with people, but Spiel is simply too busy most of the time to spare more than a few minutes.

In one of the few quiet moments, I set down to whip up a /very/ quick CC3 map just with the basic tools and features and I quite liked the results:
    The FCW version is attached to this post. It took me about 15 minutes to draw.

Bonus points to who picks up what book I've been reading recently... :P
    For those who are interested, this gallery gives quite a good impression of the four days in Essen.

Picture 20 shows a tiny corner of our booth in the background... :P
  • I'm always jelous of your "quick" maps. That looks very nice, although I don't see any refrences to any books I've read. If it is any good let us know what book as I'm looking for something new to read.

Spiel'08 looked like alot of fun!
    Camorr and Tel Varrar are city names from "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scotty Lynch which I finished on the night after setting up the booth for Spiel. Not great literature, but a very fun read. I couldn't stop reading and stayed up until 2am despite Spiel starting early next morning. Pssst... don't tell Simon.