CC3+ installation problems

Hi everyone,

After downloading the CC3+ Setup program, I get the following error message when I attempt to run the CC3PlusSetup.exe file:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 12.0 could not be installed. 5
Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system.
CC3+ Setup cannot continue."

Any ideas what this means? Did I miss a step in the installation process?

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    What version of Windows are you using?
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    edited July 2015
    Try downloading and installing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime package from Microsoft and try installing CC3+ again after you install it. Make sure your version of Windows is also up to date with Windows updates.

The download link for Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime is at this link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Note, that several downloads are available so be sure and read the info on the page and download the version for your version of Windows.

Make sure you also right click and run as an Admin too when you install it and CC3+.

Let me and the rest of the forum know if that works.
  • I'm using Windows 7, Service Pack 1 on my PC and meet all the system requirements.

Thanks for the link Jay_NOLA. Unfortunately the Microsoft updates aren't downloading completely - the download keeps getting hanged up.

Wonder if I can circumvent these problems by ordering the CC3+ on a CD?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Have you tried using a different browser to download the runtimes? Considering that they are less than 7MB in size, they shouldn't really be any problem if you were able to download the complete cc3+ installation which is 564MB.

I don't believe getting CC3+ on a cd will help you any, the cd is just basically the same installer as you can download from the net. Anyway, CC3+ is still in 'early adopter' stage, and the cds for it hasn't been produced yet, only CC3 is available as physical media.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    Try a different browser like Monsen suggested. I just downloaded all 3 of the exe files with no problem using Firefox.
  • Huzzah! Success!

Yes, using Firefox helped. I also had to make sure my PC's anti-malware software didn't block the execution of the CC3+ setup program.

Thanks for everyone's help!