Printing issues with Annual n.21 Sheet Effects

I have been playing around with the Battlemap issue of the annual and I have the following problem. Whenever I try to print a map with sheet effects on, CC3 simply freezes. I have tried waiting for hours, without any result. It seems, though I'm not sure, that this happens only with the Adobe PDF printer (I have got Adobe Acrobat CS3). I also tried to print to a file and wither CC3 freezes or I get a completely black PRN file. Any clues?

Comments

• Try doing it before going to work or going to bed and leaving it up. Although CC3 appears to freeze it is in fact still working. Now if CC3 crashes that is a different story.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    It should certainly not take several hours. Have you tried using a free pdf printer like CutePDF or pdf995? Does it happen there too? If yes, please send me a map it is happening with.
  • Yesterday night I tried PDFCreator and it worked. Thanks everybody. It still took about 40 minutes, but the map was very large. I also tried selecting few sheets at a time and it seems that even printing just the background and floor sheets freezes cc3. I haven't tested this extensively, though. Furthermore: whenever I try to use the printing preview with sheets effect activated, it looks pretty weird (e.g. instead of the shadow of a tree , I get multiple copies of the tree itself) and if I try to move the preview window, it becomes white and simply disappears. I still have to try the preview with PDFCreator selected as the printer. If you are interested, I can post the map.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The multiple symbols in the preview windows with effects turned on is a problem we're aware of, and it's on the to-fix list. Moving the window around is problematic because your redraws probably take a long time with all the effects turned on. The window just takes a while to refresh.

If you're only checking which area is printing it's best to leave the sheet effects off for the preview and turn them on just before you actually print. Using the "Apply" button saves your print settings without actually printing.
  • Nope: it doesn't just takes a while to refresh: it disappears and never come back. Anyway, this is a minor problem.
  • Now the question is why does it do it with CS3 and CS2 (I have CS2 and can not print to pdf) I guess I will have to just download PDFCreator