What is different between CC3 and CC3+?

I own CC3, and I'm thinking about upgrading to CC3+, but I'm not really certain what new features CC3+ adds and what has changed with the newer version. Could somebody please explain these things so I can decide if I would like to purchase the upgrade?

Comments

• seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    I notice a vast improvement in speed and stability.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Most of the improvements in CC3+ are under the hood, making it much faster to work with (especially with effects on).
    Other changes include
    - A great new overland map style
    - a print wizard to help with getting the printing right
    - Showing matching drawtools along with the symbols in the catalog window.
    - Floating command prompt (makes it much easier to notice)
    - Probably some more, I just wrote this off the top of my head

Do note that not all add-ons are compatible with CC3+ yet (but you will get free updates for all the CC3 addons you own as they are made available), so if you want to use addons that haven't been updated yet, you need to run CC3 side by side with CC3+ until they are updated.
  • I you own a lot of add on materials including annuals I would def. check if they can be installed with CC3+.

However I think both CC3+ and CC3 can coexist on the same machine, and you can always fallback to CC3 if you're not happy with CC3+.
  • I have CC2, CC3, and CC3+ all on the same computer. You just have to watch how you open which map.

I run the software, then browse to the map I made with it.
  • Thanks for the information. I decided to purchase the update, based on the performance increases, important because I sometimes use a newer Windows laptop but other times use an older Linux laptop, and the improved UI.