New to CC3 and missing textures

I've just started using CC3 and purchased Cosmographer 3 with it and install it, etc.

However I'm having the annoying problem of many textures (fills) as well as entries from CSUAC appearing as red X's in boxes instead of as correct file images. I checked on the source of those images and found the files looked correct and functional in the file folders where they are stored, but show up wrong in CC3 when I for example try to draw a Hull for a starship. Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments

• I've found the source of the problem. The issue was caused by installing Cosmographer 3 and CC3 on Windows 7 without having UAC turned on. I repurchased the program (I too hastily sought a refund it seems : / ) and installed it properly this time and it seems to work find now. I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else has issues like this, this may be the reason your textures aren't appearing correctly.
  • 8 days later
  • I am having the same issues to the point I don't even use the software anymore, enjoy the money. Not one App I have installed on my system "requires" UAC to be turned on, either to install properly or run. The question I have; Is there going to be a fix for installing with no UAC?
  • I have UAC off on my computers. Profantasy's software installs fine.
  • Posted By: Arith_WinterfellI've found the source of the problem. The issue was caused by installing Cosmographer 3 and CC3 on Windows 7 without having UAC turned on....
    I have seen this given as a cause in other posts, as well as the solution. I worked with CC support and no real solution. The only way it properly works is if I open the application, open a new map from CC, DD, or CD, there will be problems with textures. I then save the map, close the App and when I start CC3 up again it works. Attempt to open another type of map and I have to do the whole rigmarole all over again.
  • I haven't had to do that.

The red Xs mean the path to the fill/symbols is wrong.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    Are you right clicking running the install program as an Admin?

I don't have UAC turned off and my Cosmo 3 and other products installed with no problems, but you do need to right click and the run the exe as and Admin when you install it.

The only install issues I've encountered witch CC3 products on my Windows 7 system is related to fonts. Some fonts don't install correctly and other fonts even when installed correctly won't work because of Microsoft changes to how font metadata works in newer versions of Windows. Search the forum for a long post I made on font issues and how to resolve them. Just reinstalling the font as you'll see from my forum post isn't a good idea.

Did you install Cosmo 3 into the right location? Red X's as Jim said means the symbol path is wrong, which leads me to think something didn't install to the correct location.

Also, where are you saving your maps? Make a folder in your Documents folder called "My CC3 Maps" or some title and point your saved maps to them. Your maps may be getting saved in a location that is causing the problem.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Never had any problems related to UAC being off. I have UAC off on most of my computers, and CC3 installs/runs just fine. And I install CC3 a LOT. While normally not required, some people find it helpful to install CC3 outside the Program Files folder structure (for example to c:\ProFantasy\CC3) because this bypasses the extra layer of protection Windows puts on those folders. I never do this myself though.
  • 6 days later
  • Well I have occasionally noted that I still find a texture that's all X's once in a while. However once I installed using UAC and doing it as Administrator using the Install and Admin option, it seemed to solve the issue overall. However, for reference my program is installed in Program Files (x86) on my Windows 7 computer.
  • Install somewhere other than Program Files, like to C:\CC3Plus and you won't have to worry about UAC. It's only a problem since Program Files is protected.