Questions about SM: Castles! Compatability Update and Patch 7

I had a couple of questions about these:

1. For the time being, I do not have a working internet connection at the house where my computer and CC3 software reside. If I download Patch 7 and the Castles! compatability update at work and bring them home on my jump drive, will I be able to install them without needing an internet connection?

2. Is the Patch 7 update cumulative? I never got a chance to install Patch 6 and I do not have City Designer 3 yet.

3. Is Patch 7 required for the Castles! compatability update to work?

Thanks!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. I believe so. I haven't installed this particular update without an internet connection, but I've installed almost all the other products. What happens is that the software gives you an URL and a code, which you need to type in at a computer that does have an internet connection, and then receive another code to bring back. You should be able to handle this over the phone if you have a friend or relative with a connection.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.
  • And you have to install patch 7 first. Well, it wouldn't let me install smc: castles first.

And take a look at the Fill Styles, Bitmap fills. You will see not just a list of fills you have in that template, you see an example of the bitmap fill.
  • Thanks for the info, gents. :)

JimP wrote: "And take a look at the Fill Styles, Bitmap fills. You will see not just a list of fills you have in that template, you see an example of the bitmap fill. "

I take it that's new and A Good Thing. :)
  • Yeah I was happy about that one! Its the little shiny things that make me smile.
  • edited October 2008
    I've been interested in this program for some time, because I want to make detailed battlements and forts inside my CD3 maps. The only problem is the art looks like it is for CC2. So I was wondering has anyone made any maps they'd be willing to show that mixes a Castles floor plan with a CD3 floor plan?
  • I just dl'd the new patch. When you click on the button to create a new map, the template sample pictures are incredible. This is much appreciated!
  • 21 days later
  • Posted By: JimPAnd take a look at the Fill Styles, Bitmap fills. You will see not just a list of fills you have in that template, you see an example of the bitmap fill.
    I'm loving this - THANK YOU Profantasy! :)

Just an update in case this is helpful to someone who has no internet at home: I didn't have to validate my serial number with the CC3 patch, but I did for the Castles! compatability update. And if you have any problems with getting the validation to work for Castles! (I kept getting an invalid serial number notification), re-dowload the update because Ralf fixed it this week because there was a problem with the validation code. But if you have an internet connection at home and didn't have a problem installing, don't worry about this.
  • And, it even shows examples of fill styles you create yourself!