How to change type face

I have somehow changed the type face, so that letters are sloping rather than straight.
I was typing in reference numbers to a grid page, when the letters changed.
Half are normal, the rest are sloping.
Any suggestions how I can revert to the normal type?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Sounds to me like you may have turned on Italics. I think windows uses Ctrl+i (although it could be alt+i) as the default for turning on/off the italics setting. You'll probably have to edit the text and select the slanted text and then do ctrl+i to revert it to normal text. You might also check to see if there is an option for italics in the text box window. As a last result you may need to replace the affected text altogether after turning off the italics setting.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    As viking2054 said, you have probably turned on italics. Click the Text Specs button ("A" in a box on the right toolbar). Here you can set default text properties. To change the style of an existing label, use numeric edit on the text and click the properties button in the edit text dialog.
  • Thanks for your advice. This only happened on the one map I was working on. If I started a new document it was normal type. If I started a new map, or indeed opened an old map, it was normal type. Fortunately I had saved the map I an earlier version of the map I was working on, so I just had to start the current job again.

Computers are so annoying when something like this happens.

Thanks again for your help
  • "Computers are so annoying when something like this happens."

In which case I usually fall back on the best explanation: evil spirits. ;-)