What ProFantasy products should I look into buying next?

As it stands, I have Campaign Cartographer 3, City Designer 3, Fractal Terrains 3, and Modern Symbol Pack (CC2 version). I'm probably going to pick up more products next payday, but I'm not so certain what I can get the most use out of.

As for what I want to do, I typically create fantasy settings, and I am fond of modernish, 20th century, or 19th century technology level settings the most. I don't typically do medieval unless it has so much magitech it feels modernish. I always have somewhat common magic, the existence of which is common knowledge, in my worlds, I just prefer industrial or post-industrial settings to pre-industrial settings. I rarely do space travel, except for mentioning the existence of stuff like early space colonies in passing while not focusing on them at all.

I'm intrigued by CC 3+, but I'm not quite sure what I'd get out of upgrading, so I don't know if it is worth it to me or not. Similar story with updating my Modern Symbol Pack to the CC3 version. I would like the ability to easily map interior locations, but I don't know how well Dungeon Designer 3 works for modern settings as opposed to medieval settings.

Between those three, which do you guys think would be most useful to me next? What do I get with CC3+?

Comments

• WarEagleWarEagle Newcomer
    Dungeon Designer would be my strong advice, simply because it matches the others very good. But you are correct, it's primary environment is fantasy.
    I'm using it to create Shadowrun floorplans and about half of the creation time is to search for symbols or create workarounds with existing symbols. Sometimes it feels a little bit painful but CSUAC can help you very much.
    I would suggest, if you are really using it then create you own symbol catalogs, after a handfull of maps you will love DD3 with all it's abilities.
    Yes maybe you could create everything with the tools you already have, but DD3 will support many functions, even though you will not always use it's symbols.

btw. even in post-industrial there are muddy basements and everything nature-based like gardens and so on are working fine.
  • How easy is it to import new symbols into DD3? Is the Modern Symbol Pack compatible?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Using SS3 Modern symbols in DD3 is just the same as using them in CC3 or CD3 modes, simply open the symbol catalog, and start using the symbols.