CC3+ Save As... (JPEG) Nothing happens...

I've tried 20+ times to export a jpeg. Its worked twice... I don't understand why sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. When it works a little black "Dos-like" window flashes and I get my jpeg... when it doesn't, nothing happens after saving... no file, no nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    This seems to be a strange CC3 quirk. I frequently encounter this with the CC3/CA3 combination. The only solution I've found is to keep repeating the operation until it clicks and finally makes the JPG.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Two things you may want to make sure of
    - Make sure you are currently not in the middle of another command, I've noticed that sometimes the current command isn't properly aborted. If the command line starts with anything else than the word Command, simply abort it first, usually by hitting ESC.
    - Make sure you don't select the JPEG (Rectangular Selection) option (unless you actually mean it). This option will ask you to define the corners of your rectangle AFTER clicking save in the dialog, and if you don't do this, nothing will happen.
  • Thanks for the help... Yes, it seems it was waiting for me to draw a rectangle... CC3+ does seem stuck on requiring me to draw a rectangle no matter what options I select or deselect - very confusing. But at least I can get jpegs now!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're welcome.

Whether it asks you to draw a rectangle or not depends on the file type you choose in the "save as type" dropdown when you save the file. If you choose "JPEG BItmap File", it won't ask for a rectangle, while if you choose "Rectangular Section JPEG" it will ask for one, same goes for BMP and PNG choises as well.

In any case, paying attention to the CC3 command line is always helpful, especially if things doesn't seem to go as you expected. By looking at the command line, you can quickly see if CC3 expects something from you or not.