Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2015 edited

So If many of you old D&D'ers are like me you may have had your first adventures in a Wonderfull haunted house named Tegal Manor. After a long absence from this wonderful software my now teenage boys wanted to be run in a dungeon. I have run in D&D since the original 3 brown books and now its there newest rule system that just published. Now back to Tegal Manor and this software which I own almost every bundle they make. So with alot of rust but a far more powerfull computer I built the first level of tegal manor walls , and doors and floors in about 3 8 hour days. Now its onto detailing the rooms, everything goes along great but the room charts starts calling for things that are not included in CC3+, starting with spider webs, so out comes photoshop and I made my first symbol set spider webs. I will probably make anywhere from 20 to 30 different symbols for my needs because after all this is a haunted house.
    I do not know if there are webs somewhere out there and I am just looking in the wrong location but here are my webs in use.
      spiderweb examples.jpg
    If you can, the easiest way is to do your personal symbols... I have just done that for some shields.

By the way, very nice map!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2015

Great map, and symbols. Any chance of seeing the final full map?
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

I am not done stocking the manor but here is the ground floor of the Manor, its work in progress.
      Tegal Manor ground floor.jpg
    OH !!! This is not just a manor, it is a city! And how many levels this monstruosity have?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

That's great, and you were so damned quick too :) Thanks for a GREAT map
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

SE tower 6 upper levels, SW wing 1 upper story, NW Tower 4 upper levels, NE wing 2 upper levels. Dungeon level one a series of rat tunnels that run under the Manor.
    Dungeon level 2-4 are the lower levels. Look up Tegal manor on the internet and you can see what I am recreating with these great mapping tools first then my own symbol set to finish off the manor.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

South East Tower Bottom Floor
      Liches Laboratory.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

The Armory has seen better days
      Armory.jpg
    • CommentAuthorJoeyD473
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015

Beautiful Mansion
    • CommentAuthorSlaveOne

Fantastic Work! Please keep posting your updates!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Posted By: Mateus090985OH !!! This is not just a manor, it is a city! And how many levels this monstruosity have?

The original was done by Judges Guild. Lou Zocchi and one of his empoloyees redid it and reissued it.

Its the home of a foul family, that makes the Addams' Family look like nice folks.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015 edited

The infamous Rump family ,and all their not so alive relatives. This is made from my original map and book, and will be turned into 5.0 for my dming pleasure.
    only 1/4 of the rooms are named and stocked into the book so that leaves me with the rest and using a lot of imagination, I hope to do it right.
    I would love to do other favorite the tower of Mitra and the city of the invincible overlord. Judges Guild did great stuff.
    • CommentAuthorAEIOU
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2015

Stay strong, build maps. Your choices are great and I really look forward to seeing what you create. Please post them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Posted By: DigiartstI have run in D&D since the original 3 brown books...

Woo-hoo! I was beginning the think I might be the only one! City of the Invincible Overlord? Judges Guild? That takes me back! Now, just throw in Eldritch Wizardry and Blackmoor for the win!

Awesome map. Those spider webs look amazing!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

I have those books sitting in my bookshelf. The real beginner dungeon was known as Palace of the Vampire Queen. The Tower of Mitra I mentioned earlier , was more commonly known as "The Black Tower.
    It was an amazing adventure of its time, but I am really aging myself here.
    • CommentAuthorMadcat

That's impressive work you've done there, be nice to see it all done. I think I have a copy of the original module lurking around somewhere.

A lot of Judges Guild stuff is over on Drivethru RPG now.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

Tegal Manor was never fully stocked you had to use your imagination for a lot of the rooms , mine will be fully stocked , the rooms described in the books just like they say come to life, and then my interpretation of the rest. For instance the mead hall 20 large spiders, totally covered in webs and 6 zombies thump on a dead giant rat. Its all there. Enjoy Tegal/Gorman (my last name) Manor.

My custom symbols in use Spiders, webs, giant rat tracks.
      Mead hall.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2015

Here is an old CC3 map of the City State of the Invincible Overlord. I am in the process of linking descriptions of the buildings to the maps.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2015

Good to see that great city has been mapped. Its better then those remakes they are trying to palm off. did you see the kickstart project of the same name those are good looking maps from what I have seen. Maybe Tegal should be a kickstart too. The Mansion deserves a face-lift on art and stock and story. Like I posted earlier its a great start of and involved story line in the sword coast.
    Well Ill just keep build my interpretation for now. To much fun I am having here.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2015

New additions to the manorr south of the mead hall. Maids quarters and it appears one of the maids is a seamstress because of the fine bolts of cloth, next to her room. I wonder what happened to her, there also seems to be a ranging fire in the gallery, and those damn rats just ate all the baking supplies. Enjoy
      Scullery maids.jpg
    Posted By: qwalkerHere is an old CC3 map of the City State of the Invincible Overlord. I am in the process of linking descriptions of the buildings to the maps.

:)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uurok4iw3lp27tc/CSIO%20v5.FCW?dl=0
    That's my more recent version without pink trees.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015

Some of those trees look more Magenter than pink.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

I note that some of your numbers do not correspond to the correct buildings. I am going to fix these. Certainly the map is better than the one I posted (made by someone else, I don't know who, was it you. And I don't get magenta trees.
    I will also try to colour code the buildings to fir the descriptions of their use, and put pretty roofs on. Keep you all updated. CSIO is one of my FAVOURITE maps and modules.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I was making a joke... RHPS.

Not all of the trees look pink to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Sorry, I'll try to get more lighthearted next time. :)
    Posted By: qwalkerI note that some of your numbers do not correspond to the correct buildings. I am going to fix these. Certainly the map is better than the one I posted (made by someone else, I don't know who, was it you. And I don't get magenta trees.

yes, the original map you're working from is mine. There's a few other Judges Guild city maps I did here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3nn43nvxffhwxq/Judges%20Guild%20Maps.zip?dl=0
    I had a lot of work done on Tarantis and a good start on CSWE as well at one point, but lost those in a HD crash and never got back to them.
    It's interesting that you don't get pink trees on that older version because I did, and thus spent a fair bit of time fixing the issues i had with trees and other vegetation (laboriously changed the color on all the affected symbols in the map).
    I did the Rock of Bral too from Spelljammer:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/72w6388aczbp92p/Rock%20of%20Bral.zip?dl=0
    Bral and CSIO are pretty much the peak of my capabilities. Can't really compare to what some people here can accomplish but what I CAN do I can do fairly well. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2015

To Man in the Funny Hat, I have put in the sewer and secret tunnels, and links to building descriptions - see my discussion thread, titles City Stae of the Invincible Overlord. More roofs to go, and some roads to be downgraded to dirt, and dungeon links to some FCW's for some of the amazing dungeons in the place eg Thieves' Guild. Hope you don't mind me doing this.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2015

My first maps, made with CC2, were not very good, but i made lots of them. Now I'm using CC3 to make better maps. Taking my time rather than tossing them out like pancakes. Since my dungeon maps didn't look good in the past, I'm taking my tmie learnign how to use DD 3.
    How did you get the spider web effects there so good looking
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2017

Posted By: Vooddoo-fireHow did you get the spider web effects there so good looking

I cannot believe it has been so long since I posted this. I had a hard drive fry and lost most of the manor, so I gave up on it for a long while, but using screen caputures of the previous work, and some backup i rescued from the drive. I will be adding to my manor again.

As to the spiderweb question I built all of them in photoshop, and their alpha channel has various tones to give the effect.

I will be posting updates soon
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Great to see Tegel manor revived - your previous offerings were fantastic
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

Some more of the Manor.
    Feels good to get back to it after so long.
      tegal_maps_v01.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

Spider webs
      SpiderWeb_Corridoor1_VH.png
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

Cob web
      SpiderWeb_Corridoor_light1_VH.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

These are scarily great
    • CommentAuthorcrb31
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2017

Wonderful maps!
    • CommentAuthorcrb31
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2017

I just spent the last 30 minutes looking up information on Tegal Manor... What all great maps do, cause you to investigate the unknown!
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2017

More of the Manor i put together tonight, trying out a scarier lighting look and a more ghostly text.
    I will probably make my own statue art so these statues are place holders.
    I just got Fantasy grounds so I am building the Manor content in fantasy grounds, changing it all to Ver 5E ruleset.
      tegal_maps_v02.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2017

Manor Progress overview sheet effects turned off for clarity.
    The rooms are filling up again.
      tegal_maps_progress_v01.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017 edited

Berteran The Balrog Ghost butler offers to take your wraps?
      tegal_maps_v03.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Just gets better (and scarier). Oh, BTW, Tegel Manor is spelled with an 'e', not an 'a'; not that it makes a difference to the great quality of these maps. What style did you use?
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst

Posted By: QuentenJust gets better (and scarier). Oh, BTW, Tegel Manor is spelled with an 'e', not an 'a'; not that it makes a difference to the great quality of these maps. What style did you use?

If a say Tegal its not a copy written word, oooooo, trickey. Mostly DD3 bitmaps , a little Schley, a little SS2 bitmap A, and my own stuff where needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

Yes, I get the copyright thing. But as I said, it is the great maps that matter.
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

Giant rat holes run rampant through the manor. Purple drapes will will try to suffocate the Adventurers when they enter the room.
      tegal_maps_v04.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDigiartst
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017

Welcome to the Torture chamber, bring lots of blood.
      tegal_maps_v05.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDarthKurt
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2017

I'm getting ready to run this... would love to have a copy of your work, if that's ok to ask... thank you.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2017

Um... WOW!!!