odd behavior, options not there, options not working

So, this is something I've been dealing with a while thinking maybe it was just something I did but it's gotten annoying enough to ask about it.

There are times when I want to use terrain drawing in a "dungeon" map. In this case I wanted to use "evil light terrain"... but even clicking on "map menu" from "dungeon menu" the option was not working. I would right click on default terrain and would go to advanced to find it only to see it was currently using the option I had for fill style... not the "evil light terrain".

Another thing I have an issue (while in dungeon menu mode) things like "simple" or "furniture" do not do anything when I click on them (symbols options just stay with whatever was there before) and I have to manually navigate to and select the symbol catalog.

It's odd, stuff like "debris" "containers and treasures" work just fine.

I don't know if either of these are related but... wondering if there is just something I can do to "reset" these things back to working.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Terrain fills for an overland style (e.g evil light terrain) will mostly not work in a Dungeon template. Because fill styles are defined by template. You'll first have to import the necessary bitmap fills.

To do so, use Draw > Insert file and import a map that has the necessary fill styles (you'll find collection of the fills in /System/Fill styles/). You can then delete the inserted map again, the fill styles will remain behind.

As for the catalogs not loading. Which dungeon style is that happening with? Have you updated your CC3 to the latest version? Or are you using CC3+?
  • Posted By: Ralf
    As for the catalogs not loading. Which dungeon style is that happening with? Have you updated your CC3 to the latest version? Or are you using CC3+?
    I am running the most current CC3 under windows 8.1. I've "got" cc3+ but that's not what I am using right now. The style is DD3 Color and Line that seem to have issues. I tend to only use color so had to check just now. Filled seems to work.