[PANORICA] Arena of Bones

I present you my new map. It is an arena (not exactly really, but it is a bit complex to explain here).

Comments

• Let me try to translate the "rules" in the botton:

RULES:

01) ONLY THE GOVERNOR MAY INTERVENE IN COMPETITION

02) ONLY THE GOVERNOR, HIS GUARD OF SWORDS AND COMPETITORS MAY CARRY WEAPONS

03) COMPETITORS WHO BREAKS ANY RULE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED

04) IT IS NOT PERMITTED FOR COMPETITORS TO LEAVE THE AREA DEMACARTED FOR COMPETITION

05) COMPETITIONS "TYPE A" BEGIN WITH COMPETITORS WITH 5M DISTANCE AND, COMPETITION "TYPE B", AT 7M DISTANCE

06) IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO IMPROVE THE COMPETITORS FOR THE COMPETITIONS USING MAGIC, DRUGS OR ALCHEMY

07) COMPETITORS CAN ONLY USE THEIR OWN WEAPONS

08) IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO INJURY DEFEATED COMPETITORS

09) DEFEATED COMPETITORS ARE PROPERTY OF THE WINNING TEAM

10) BIDS ARE NOT PERMITTED OUTSIDE THE "CONFRARIA OF THE COLLECTORS OF RICHA"
  • I edited the map so the hexs were more centralized.
  • I think you've just inspired me for a lil side project.

In my last DnD session i gave the group a bit of a reprieve from typical adventuring and had them hang out in town. Competing in drinking contest, dice games and such.

The dice game i simply made up on the spot and based it off a dice game called "Wizards Dice", a mini game in the video game called "Legacy of the Ancients".

Your map (board) is inspiring me to develop something of that ilk and prolly a lil more akin to the Holo-Chess game in Star Wars. Hmmmmm?

SO THANKS! Great work as well... i would love to hear your background for the map if you get the time.
  • Here is a try in translating my "intro" of the game to english:

Drauglenária is an arena game set in the campaing setting Panorica, inserted into the Dungeon Fantasy genre, and built having in view the GURPS 4th Ed system. My goal here is not to simulate a roman arena (of any moment) and I also do not intendto put on table any of the lawless and violence forms of arena commonly found in the treatments that fiction gives to the arena events. My purpose here is to play with the possibilities of a sport with rules, socially acceptable and economically sustainable, where lethal weapons are used, having in consideration the backdrop of a fantasy setting that has part of its composition classic stereotypes from the gender Dungeon Crawler.

This proposal aims to make the players experience different situations of conflict, here not restricted only to combat, from the perspective of one of the least restrictive forms of the Arena Competitions due to their nature: the Drauglenária or "War of the Draugler". Competitors in this modality (which is how the "gladiators" are called) are draugler, a type of corporal undead that essentially can be characterized as an "human" without free will or personality and that does not need many of the "maintenance" that living beings require, like sleeping or eating, whilst still feel pain and being normally susceptible to injury.

In Drauglenária Players assume the role of one draugle (or many), custom built by a Komanda (which are the "teams" participating in the Arena Competitions) to be a skilled competidor. Because they are not sentient living beings, violence against the draugler in the Arena is seen by the audience without major upheavals and, in general, do not feel guilty about taking pleasure in watching an animated corpse being molested in a sport. The idea is that the Players do not create any empathy with their draugler and see them as an interchangeable piece, although precious, as he can create a new draugle fast and return to the Arena.
  • Nice Mateus. Thanks for sharing.

From what i can extrapolate, it looks as if you are intending your Table Top role-players to role-play a video game?

I hope that does not come off as a clumsy attempt to oversimplify your concept. I find it very intriguing and very unique. And i cant help but feel "Ender's Game'ish" about it (My Favorite book BTW) .
  • No ofense taken =). It is more like a war game. Off course you can put intrepetation and story in many ways, even in this form of the Games, but it is not my intention at the moment. I intend to use it in events and as a fast game when people get bored when my friends come here to play or whatever =)
  • Mateus090985Mateus090985 Traveler
    edited May 2015
    I did the four shileds for the Komandas (teams) that participate in these games
    A.jpg 100.3K
    B.jpg 115.4K
    C.jpg 110.1K
    D.jpg 131.1K
  • I would want to be on Team Death Squirrel. Just saying. :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Posted By: SlaveOneI would want to be on Team Death Squirrel. Just saying. :)
    +1 !