Looking For A General Purpose Sheet Setup

I've had the software a couple of weeks now and as I'm a bit of a completionist I need to fully set it up before I really start using it.

I've grabbed CSUAC and then modified it to add my own categories/buttons/etc, and added in a few years worth of saved assests. Now I'm at the point where I need to import all the .pngs and make the catalogs.

What I'm looking for is a logical sheet setup that works most of the time. Maybe something that has sheets that apply to entire categories, or at least sub categories. My basic structure is like this:

Animals
Humanoids
Creatures
Armour
Clothing
Weapons
Interior Objects
Treasure
Tools
Exterior Objects
Vehicles
Plants
Plants2
Structures
Structures2
Sewers
Overlays
Terrain Cover
Pits/Holes/Stairs
Isometric Objects

Each of these categories has up to 50 sub categories.

Does anyone have any advice on how to group these with sheets before I import them? Should I have a forced sheet for each one? I'm assuming some categories could use the same sheet (all the flat items, all structures, all plants etc).

To me it looks like I could get away with maybe 5 sheets to cover all options - should they all be custom?

My last setup has ground leaves floating on top of rocks and carts - it wasn't ideal!

Any advice to this novice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    My recommendations from personal experience is to keep it simple.

When setting up the catalogs, force the sheet to SYMBOLS* - the asterisk allows CC3(+) to place symbols on ANY currently selected sheet that begins with SYMBOLS but still defaults to SYMBOLS.

When setting up the template, the basic set up I use for sheets are:
    SYMBOLS FLAT
    SYMBOLS SHORT
    SYMBOLS
    SYMBOLS WALL
    SYMBOLS TALL
    SYMBOLS TREES

You may need more than this depending on the map, but I've found that this is a good starting point for a template.
  • That's exactly what I was looking for. thanks very much :)