Mac Keyboard

Hi all.

If I'm running CC on a Windows VM on my Mac with a Mac keyboard, does anyone know how to get the effects of the CTRL key for things like rotating and resizing?

Thanks much!

Jamie

Comments

• 14 days later
  • CNYGamerCNYGamer Newcomer
    Thought I'd ping this one more time just in case anyone out there knows the answer.

Jamie
  • crashmikecrashmike Newcomer
    Hi

I use CC3 also on my imac - but within bootcamp ...
    the reason where mousepositioning within vmware Fusion ( i selected an item, clicked the position to set it there, then the mouse was always in the upper left Corner of the cc3 window)

my tip - use it in a nativ Windows Installation or remap the Keyboard layout in vm

mike
  • 3 months later
  • It's the darnedest thing. Neither control nor shift work for rotating and resizing items. For example, if I am trying to put a tree or mountain down on the map, if I want to rotate the object or resize it nothing happens. They keys work in other programs and contexts, so I don't think it's a matter of a broken or faulty keyboard. I've tried various combinations of Shift, Control, Option, and Command with no luck.

Jamie
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I'm sorry, I don't know how to help with this on the Mac. There is no way for me to test or to reproduce this.
  • Ralf,

No worries. Thanks for the response. I keep a Windows machine around, and when I need to work on my maps I fire it up. I'll keep searching to see if I'm doing something wrong with regards to Parallels set-up and options.

Jamie
  • Interesting. I discovered the solution. There is a setting in Parallels (Parallels Settings > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard) called Keyboard: Optimize for games. It was set to "Don't optimize for games" and was giving me the problem behavior. As soon as I set it to "Optimize for games" everything worked great.

Jamie