Help with drawing a cave in DD3

I have used the cave tool to draw the outline of my cave. After it fills in the floor, I want to "cut holes" in the floor so the background shows through. (There are walls and pillars in the middle of the cave that should appear the same as the background. Whats the best way to do this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You can use a multipoly (Draw two polygons on top of each other, use the multipoly tool on them, and voila, the smaller polygon becomes a hole in the larger)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That's a very good and clean version. Just make sure to use KEEP on the original background before multipolying, so that the new entitiy has the correct properties (newly created multipolies take on the current drawing porperties).

An alternative that I sometime use is to create a new sheet (e.g. called WALLS CAVE) that goes above the floor sheets(s) and draw my interior walls on there. You just have to invert sheet effects (Outer Glow becomes interior and vice versa) for that sheet to make it look like they are on the same sheet as the background.