CC3 files suddenly think they are CC2

Is there any way to permanently disable CC2 and all its related stuff? Because unless it's 1995 again, I don't think I'll be using them any time soon. Sorry to be bitter. I've been trying in vain to solve this issue. I have had this issue in the past with Campaign Cartographer 3, but fixed it by reinstalling the program. Now I've purchased several addons including one of the Cartographers Annuals. I'm primarily in this program for the scifi maps and settings. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this program. I've been using it for several years now and I've built whole campaigns with it.
..But this issue is infuriating.

Here is what's happening. I was playing around with the Ship Planner.FCW file yesterday and everything worked fine. I load it today and find this happening:

http://i.imgur.com/jyuvc25.jpg

So the file has defaulted to CC3? Okay. I'll click Cosmographer 3 and that should fix it. So I go to work on my next project...

http://i.imgur.com/IYj03C2.jpg

Now I'm starting to get a little aggravated. I go to File > Drawing Properties and try to set it to Cosmographer Deckplans. Does that work?

http://i.imgur.com/7bMh9rm.jpg

Windows 3.1-level CC2 textures. Full. Rage. Mode.

Can someone please help me get this thing back on track?

P.S.

http://i.imgur.com/yYlLKuH.jpg

I can't even explain what's happening here. This was working yesterday.

Comments

• I have all 3 of my laptop.

You have to run the one you want to use, then browse to the map you want.

The settings will go to the version; CC2, CC3, CC3+; you last used on that computer.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    First of all, make sure you use the correct styles. Cosmographer Deckplans is a vector style, if you want the Cosmographer Deckplans Bitmap, or, alternatively the Annual Sci-Fi Tiles. Do note that the Deck Planner.fcw is set up with the references to the correct fills for either of these styles however, it is more designed for simple sketching out your ideas rather than to create the actual map. When you want to create a map in a "nice" style, I recommend starting from an appropriate template.

As for the Example 1.fcw file, my copy has the exact same issue, seems to be a problem with several of the bitmap references in it. I think you should simply ignore this particular file. I noticed I don't even have it on my secondary installation, so I think it was removed from the package when the annuals for that year was packed into a single installer, so it is probably not supposed to be there at all.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted By: JimPI have all 3 of my laptop.

You have to run the one you want to use, then browse to the map you want.

The settings will go to the version; CC2, CC3, CC3+; you last used on that computer.
    I have CC3 and always figured that CC2 stuff was just built-in. I have no idea what CC3+ is, though. Is that a different program?
    Posted By: MonsenFirst of all, make sure you use the correct styles. Cosmographer Deckplans is a vector style, if you want the Cosmographer Deckplans Bitmap, or, alternatively the Annual Sci-Fi Tiles. Do note that the Deck Planner.fcw is set up with the references to the correct fills for either of these styles however, it is more designed for simple sketching out your ideas rather than to create the actual map. When you want to create a map in a "nice" style, I recommend starting from an appropriate template.

As for the Example 1.fcw file, my copy has the exact same issue, seems to be a problem with several of the bitmap references in it. I think you should simply ignore this particular file. I noticed I don't even have it on my secondary installation, so I think it was removed from the package when the annuals for that year was packed into a single installer, so it is probably not supposed to be there at all.
    Also, thank you Monsen for clarifying. I'm just starting to get into Cosmographer and building ships. It's very different from Dungeon Designer and Campaign Cartographer. I realize the file is just for sketching out ideas, but I was hoping to be able to visualize my drawings a bit more with the elaborate textures. With your help, I did manage to figure out what I was doing wrong, so thanks again. :D
  • CC3+ is the newest version of CC3. It was released a couple of months ago.