FT Pro / CC3 and other upgrades worth getting?

I bought FT and CC2 and other software back around 2002 or 2003. Only recently I found them when I was cleaning some things up, and decided to put them on my new PC. I enjoyed making maps and modifying the Forgotten Realms map using CC2 before, so I decided to work with them again. I downloaded the patch to FT to make it v1.6.

Is there a significant difference between FT v1.6 and FT Pro? I am sure there are some nice things Pro can do, but just wondering if getting an upgrade is worth it.

How about CC2 / CD2 / DD2 vs the version 3's ? Are they worth upgrading?

I appreciate your opinions.

Comments

• CC3 is more user friendly than CC2 Pro. Although that is just my opinion. I can do more things with CC3 than I ever could with CC2. Although I own both FT and FT Pro it has been so long since using the original that I can't really comment on it, other than I remember being impressed.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I've never used FT before FT pro, so I can can't comment on that either. But CC3 and the v3 addons are a huge improvement over their counterparts, so I would definitively recommend to upgrade. It's well worth it.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    There are many differences between the 1.x version of FT and the 2.x versions. I definitely recommend the 2.x upgrade. The prescale offset edting feature alone is well worth it, in my opinion.