CC for Shadowrun

Hi. I m new to this forum and English is not my native language. So excuse any mistakes.

I run a Shadowrun group and I'm looking for a mapping tool. My hope is that someone can tell me if cc is the right tool.

What I need are maps of dungeons, streetmaps of a city and modern interior maps. Also I need maps for labs, bunkers, air fields, industrial surrounding, factories....

You get the point ;)

So is CC the tool? Which add-ons should I buy?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Well its sounds like you should at least have the main 3. CC3 CD3 and DD3. However there are modern symbols you will need to get so SS3 (Symbol Set 3- Modern) as well. But there are many other symbols and resources on the internet you can find that will work with the program.

Also check out the annuals https://secure.profantasy.com/products/sub.asp these are awesome as they really enhance the power of the program and provide a ton of extras.

As far as "is this the tool for me" that really depends on your commitment and goals towards map making. Some folks have said that there is a huge learning curve. While this may be true for some, i didn't feel this was the case. Granted there are a lot of features and functions to learn, but its really a matter of depth in how far you want to go with it. If you follow the tutorials and guides you can learn it pretty quickly and start designing maps of gaming quality right away.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    In addition to those SlaveOne mentioned Id also recommend getting Cosmo3 as you can use the symbols in it for doing labs, high tech locations, military bunkers, etc.

Also make sure to get the various free annual sample issues.

SS1,SS2, SS4, PerspectivePro,WWII Atlas & CA3 you may not get much use out of given that your making stuff for Shadowrun. So I would not pick them up.

The Tome of Ultimate Mapping is useful to help in learning to learning to use the software. So grab it if you can, but it isn't a necessity for your needs.