Tiny sidebars and font!

Hi everyone! I just bought CC3+ and installed in on my computer. It looks like a really nice program to use while mapping! Anywho, I got an issue. The text and the icons around the mapping-window (sidebars, status etc) is tiny! The text cant be more then 4-5 in size, which makes me have to sit really close to the screen to be able to read it! The statusbar etc is just as tiny. I have tried to see if I can make it bigger, because it sure isn't comfortable mapping now.
Has anyone had a similar problem?

I might add that I just installed Windows 8.1 on my mac (on a new partition), but I think I added all the necessary drives (ok, I know nothing about Windows since I am a mac-person, but I partitioned my macbook to run windows just for this program and I THINK I did it right). But Windows seems fine, no tiny letters or icons there, so I dont really believe its anything wrong on drives etc. It must be CC3+.

If someone could help me it would be really really kind!

Thank you!!

/Val

Comments

• RelytRelyt Traveler
    What resolution are you running?

And look down near the bottom of the CC3+ window, there is a hammer icon, click on that and make sure the box next to "Use large toolbar buttons" is checked.

If that doesn't solve the problem you should also be able to right click the desktop, go to "personalize" then click on "display" in the lower left corner of the window and that will allow you to set icons and fonts universally bigger within Windows.
  • edited March 2015
    I checked the hammer-icon and the box is checked. That was not the problem.
    I went to the personalize on windows. Icons and fonts got bigger on Windows (even though it was fine to start with), but that did not help CC3+. The icons can not be more than 0,5 cm and the fonts is probably not bigger than 3-5. Well except the "File, Edit, View etc"-toolbar. It runs fine.

I just don't get it?? I saw somewhere on internet that with this +-version it can be 16x16 or 32x32. Do I have the smaller one, and how to change it? I also saw the tutorial-video, and that guys toolbars were normal!

I cant use this program without strainging my eyes so it actually makes my head hurt. Its not comfortable at all, and it's a shame, since I believe this to be a good program to use.

Oh, I might mention that I use a 15 inch macbook pro retina. I have no idea what you mean with resolution or how to check it (see, not good at computers!)

Thanks anyways
  • Resolution would be width and height of your laptop screen in pixels.
  • RelytRelyt Traveler
    Right click on your desktop, select "Screen resolution" then it should tell you the resolution. For example 1920x1080.
  • edited March 2015
    Okay, I checked my computer. It says:

Macbook Pro Retina
    15,4-inches (2880 x 1800)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Color LCD

Is this not good?
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    Well, my monitors are 24" and the they are at 1920 x 1200. To me your resolution seems to be too high. What resolution do you boot up at under mac OS?

It seems weird to me that you can have yours so high and not have problems with your normal desktop icons. Maybe you made the desktop icons bigger sometime in the past?
  • RelytRelyt Traveler
    That's the proper resolution for his computer. It is what Apple calls "retina display". Basically it is the highest resolution the human eye can see on a 15" screen.

CC3+ is not optimized for such a high resolution. I suggest trying 1920x1200 to keep the same aspect ratio.
  • edited March 2015
    I don't know how to take it down to 1920X1200 (if it can be done?). I only want that when I'm on Windows. When I work with my OS X I need the 2880x1800. As you said, Relyt, it's that high because its a Retina display. I have never changed it, because I have never needed to. I will see what I can do about it!

And no, my desktop icons are just fine (everything in Windows are just fine even though my resolution is so high. It's the game that is the issue!)

Oh, and Relyt, I am a "her"... and not very good with computers, as I guess you have understood by now... :)
    Posted By: Valkyria83I don't know how to take it down to 1920X1200 (if it can be done?).
    Somewhere on the desktop (not on any icons) right-click. You should see an option for screen resolution. Select that (left-click). Resolution should be the second drop down menu. Once you make a selection, the computer should give you make the changes, and then give you a time frame to confirm the new resolution. It will change back to the way it was originally, if you don't answer within the time frame (20 seconds or so).
  • Okay, guys, I tried it. It didn't work. But it's okay, I guess I will get used to it. Thanks anyways!!!!
    :)
    I'm curious as to just how bad this problem is. Can you give us a screenshot perhaps?