Where are custom street definitions stored?

I had problems with my PC this morning and needed some tech support to get it working again. But now all my custom street definitions for the Random Street generator are all missing. In fact, I'm not even sure the standard ones are all still there. Where are the custom definitions stored? I'd like to see if they still exist on the PC someplace if possible.

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    #System\Houses\*.ss3
  • Grumble, grumble... thank you for the answer. They were all gone. So just on a lark, I reinstalled all the CD3 stuff and redifined all my custom streets.

But now the symbol sets only point to the older CD2 stuff, none of the nice bitmapped CD3 things, except the BitmapA/B buttons. Is there a way to reassociate all the other symbol buttons to the new bitmapped stuff instead of having to hunt for them? I don't know what's going on here, but it's frustrating. (FYI, I uninstalled the Bitmap download first, then the CD3 program, and reinstalled them, CD3 followed by the Bitmap stuff.) Sorry if these are newbie questions, but it installed fine the first time and now things are screwy.
    The symbol buttons in CD3 isn't supposed to be associated with the bitmap symbols. ProFantasy did it a little different this time around . The only CD3 buttons pointing to bitmap symbols are the two new Bitmap A/B buttons. The old symbol buttons only point to the old CD2 vector symbols. The two new buttons should give you access to all the relevant symbol catalogs.
  • olonaolona Newcomer
    Tell me, is it possible to define your own bitmaps when you use the "create street" function? If so, how? Please tell me...
    Sure. Just remember that the random street function creates houses using bitmap fill styles, and not by placing finished bitmap house symbols

All you need to do is to define a new bitmap fill style (Tools -> Set Properties -> Fill Style... - > Bitmap Files tab). Just create a new fill style style, browse to a image, and set the appropriate parameters.
    You can now go to random street option, hit the house style button, and assign your new bitmap fill style to any of the rood colors.