Import or Load a Custom Palette into CC3+?

I've got a custom color palette that I've defined in GIMP that I would like to load into Campaign Cartographer 3+.

I can export the color palette from GIMP as a gradient bitmap (.PNG), a list of HTML color codes or as a dictionary of RGB values ready for consumption by Java, PHP or Python.

Unfortunately, I haven't found that CC3+ can derive a palette from any of these - the custom palette (FCW32.PAL) has to be in .PAL format.

Can anyone point to a description of this file format appropriate to FastCAD? I'd really like to find a way to convert GIMP's output to a .PAL file that could be loaded up by CC3+. Alternatively, if you know of a .PAL converter that can take in a bitmap gradient and output a .PAL file that is CC3+ compatible, please point the way.

(The long hard way is still possible - manually plugging RGB values into the CC3+ Color dialog - but I would think that there would be a description of the file format somewhere for XP Developers).

-------------------------------
R A Jacobs
Learning CC3+ @ Funny-Shaped Dice

Comments

• 4 months later
  • I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to load the Harn PAL but CC3+ is acting like it's ignoring the existence of the .PAL file.

When I blend colors to create a custom .pal and save it, I checked the CC3+ folder and there's no .pal file there. When I blend and save the custom pal from the color window should a .pal file appear?

Regards,

>>ReaperWolf
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2015
    Moderator Comment:
    @ReaperWolf, there is nothing in your problem description that makes this the "same problem" as the original post. When you have a different question than the original poster, please start a new discussion instead. Thanks.

The custom palette is saved to the CC3+ data directory (c:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus) as fcw32.pal. I am guessing you were looking in the CC3+ program folder?