Dimensioning

Once upon a time, long before I ever bought ProFantasy stuff, I used a CAD program called ECAD. (Isn't CC3, etc, based on that engine?) Anyway, being intended for technical/architectural designing, there was a feature of ECAD where you could automatically add dimension lines to entities in the drawing. I have looked through all the doc I can find and in the on-line help, but I don't see anything about this in CC3/DD3/CD3. In particular, with overland maps and with building floorplans, this would be a very handy feature. Is it here and called something else? Or would this be a wish list thing?

Michael

Comments

• Based on FastCAD.

I don't know of any way to automatically add dimension lines in CC3.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited October 2008
    CC3 is based on code forked from FastCAD version 6. We removed dimensioning to stop CC3 being useful for architects, enabling us to charge $45 for it rather than the $595 FastCAD 6 normally costs.
  • Ha. That's funny... a $550 option. You're right, I had EasyCAD years ago, the stripped version of FastCAD, and the disks are buried in the basement somewhere. I used to actually be able to open my EasyCAD files in CC2, with mostly good results. I still have those files and it appears they open in CC/CD/DD3, too. Ugh, what crud they were. Ah well, manual dimension lines it is. Thanks.