2012 Annual Download Issue (Annual is corrupted)

I am wanting to install annual #6 from 2012 with Herman Weilinks symbol set. But I am getting this error every time. I do have CC3 and update 11 already downloaded. Here is the error..

InstallAware Wizard

"Cannot start setup - the setup file may be corrupt or you may have the wrong password. If you download this file, please download a fresh copy. If the file is password protected, check your password and try again."

I did and i even switched browsers as well as ran it as an administrator. Still the same error. Never had this issue before. On Windows 7. Using Regular CC3. 2011 Annual installed fine.

Actually, All I really want is to be able to install Herwin Wielinks Second Symbol set, I believe it was decembers and the satellite symbol set from the same annual as well. I am unsure how to install separately.

If you can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    This sounds like a problem with the Windows Installer Cache. If that gets corrupted, no re-downloading will fix it, as Windows stubbornly always refers to the cache. The only reliable solution I've found so far, is to rebuild a new setup with a new product ID, so Windows thinks it's a different software. I'm preparing one for you now and will send you the link via email.

If anyone knows a safe method to refresh/delete the Windows installer cache, please point me to it. I haven't been able to find anything reliable and safe through my searches.
  • Thanks Ralf! So far its working great! I wonder what would cause that issue?
  • Posted By: FarsightX3Thanks Ralf! So far its working great! I wonder what would cause that issue?
    Sometimes a computer operating system does what it pleases. I have heard various excuses... cosmic rays, etc. but, sometimes the computer just hiccups.
  • At some point, I blame evil spirits and make myself a martini to appease them.
  • 26 days later
  • FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
    edited April 2015
    Hi Ralf, I haven't used CC3 in a while and I don't remember if Herwin Weilinks Vol 2 Symbol Set was a separate catalog or was also in CA64? If it's in CA64, I am not getting his Vol 2. Symbols.

Also the dropbox file you gave me if I need to reinstall again, it's expired.

I have Herman's Wielink's second addition symbols (November) in the correct symbol folder but for some reason won't load when I choose his theme. Only his first theme does (April) from Annual Vol 6 2012. Is my CC3 corrupt?
  • pdjpdj Traveler
    The second Wielink Overland came separately as CA71
    But there are combined into one style, both from the individual issues at the time and in the full setup. There is no separate CA71 style, just one Herwin Wielink overland style (CA64).

If you check the Structures catalog of the style and it contains Elf, Orc and Dwarf cities, you do have the full combined style, as these were in part II.
  • I have figured out the problem. It's my Avast (anti virus) that is for some reason blocking it. I uninstalled the 2012 annual and avast. Then I reinstalled the 2012 annual and there they where, the Elf, Orc and Dwarf symbol sets. So Then I reinstalled Avast and then the Orc, Dwarf and Elf symbol sets are "missing". Why is avast blocking it? How do I unblock it?
    To be honest, I don't have a clue. You'd have to take this up with Avast support.
  • I could disable Avast while making changes to my map and then enable it again lol
    edited April 2015
    Nevermind sent a PM
    edited April 2015
    Please disregard this last message and the support ticket I sent as well. I finally found the CA71 installer and it worked.