CC3 & CC3+ bugginess

Just purchased and update CC3+. The program still has all sorts of bugs. I add Sheets only to find they have vanished when I re-open my saved files...toolbars vanish when I re-positioned the color bar... grid points come and go so I have to waste time redarw hoping they reappear without having to go in and manual reset them...tried to change to a system font only to find the text tool refused to hold the setting.

Not sure what to do now...printing in CC3 caused me all sorts of problems. And yes I tried the different work arounds. Could never get a higher resolution png file to export and the file itself would simply refuse to print. Updated to the latest print drivers - no love. Made sure I was set for All visiible sheets as one page etc...Sad part is it was a very basic drawing of some wargame counters. Map size was 1100x850 with a grid with 50 spacing drawn on it. I could get the blank grid to print...as soon as I added one or two filled polygons with some text...it would not print.

I dearly hope they can work out the kinks but I may have to invest in Adobe Illustrator so I can at least export my finished maps and counters.

Comments

• Have you contacted Tech Support from the Support tab of your "Registered Users" page? Ralf and the team at ProFantasy are very responsive to support requests.
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    Posted By: fgwebbjrI add Sheets only to find they have vanished when I re-open my saved files...
    I believe this is a feature, not a bug... Well, at least, it's a known behaviour... A sheet is only saved if it contains an object. I've seen some tutorials advising adding a point at 0,0 as soon as you create a sheet.
  • I can't help with all your problems, but the vanishing sheets problem is because the sheets are.empty and unfortunately CC3 doesn't save empty sheets.

What I (and others) do is to draw a single point entity (draw, point) at location 0,0 on the map border layer of each sheet. The map border layer is then kept frozen. It's just a case of getting into the habit of doing this every time you create some new sheets. It's a shame this wasn't fixed in CC3+ because it was a known issue with CC3, but if I remember correctly it was caused by an issue with the save method of the underlying CAD program.

The problem with the vanishing grid dots in CC3+ is definitely known to Profantasy and is being investigated, because I've seen Ralf reply about it in another thread.

I've never moved or used the colour bar, so I can't help with that. And I've not used text in CC3+ yet.

Regarding printing, I've not printed a map in CC3+ yet, but have you tried printing to a pdf file and then printing the pdf in acrobat? The print to pdf workaround was always the best method of exporting large maps as images, so perhaps it will help with your printing issues. You'd need an external print to pdf program like cutepdf, the program then appears as a printer in CC3.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    1. Yes, empy sheets do not save. It's not so much a bug, as a basic property of the CAD engine. It's on our wish list to change.
    2. After changing the toolbar layour, always restart CC3+. That should fix all disappearing buttons.
    3. The disappearing grid point issue is indeed known to us and we are looking for a fix.
    4. The font issue is new to me. Are you setting the font through the Text Properties command (TSPEC)?