CC3+ Update 1 Patch Is In Downloads

The Update 1 Patch for CC3+ is in the downloads for CC3+ now.

Also, the CC3+ version CA99 can be downloaded now too.

Comments

• Is it the file marked "Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus"? I don't see anything marked "Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus Update" in my download directory. (Just being careful)
  • It is at the bottom of that popup for me. I had to scroll down slightly on my laptop to see it.
  • edited March 2015
    Did the patch break CC3+ for anyone else? I installed it and now when I click on my desktop shortcut or actually open the start menu and navigate to the Profantasy folder and click the CC3+ icon, nothing happens. My hard drive just seems to act like it does when my computer is idle, blinking once every few seconds.

I even tried a repair after the initial update, afterwards, and nothing.
  • Mine opens okay with a map in it from the Annual that I looked at earlier.
  • JimP: Well, I'm working on a large screen. No sign of any file marked "update" for CC3+. :/
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited March 2015
    You will have to contact Profantasy. I can only say what is on my screen when I log into my account.
  • Ah, I found it. had to do one more click. Off to download....
  • edited March 2015
    I have problems with the patch, too. I can't open CC3+ anymore after I have installed the patch.
  • I had a problem last night after installing update 1: With a map open, clicking on Zoom, instead of activating a selection cursor for a zoom rectangle, blanked the symbol catalog to the left of the map. Clicking "Zoom Extents" and then "Zoom" again created the cursor to draw the rectangle, but didn't bring back the symbol catalog. If I can recreate it tonight, I'll submit it as a formal bug report.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For those of you having problems with the Patch, I recommend contacting Tech support. If there is a problem with the patch for some people, I am sure ProFantasy would want to find and eliminate the problem.

Also, if you haven't done so already, right clicking on the patch installer and choosing run as admin never hurts. I have encountered problems where programs that are supposed to elevate themselves fail on some systems for some reason.
  • as with our viking friend and forester, once i install the update, CC3+ no longer even opens. I tried the "run as administrator" move to no avail. I've let tech support know.
  • I too no longer can open CC+ when I install the patch. So I have uninstalled both Version 65, and the patch, and reinstalled the main version but not the patch, and CC+ works again.
  • edited March 2015
    I have installed (as admin) the patch and CC3+ runs but...

I had this dreadful moment when I realised all my fill styles (custom and CC3+) and custom macros (not in the FCW32.mac, but in their own custom files) have disappeared!

I fact, everything contained in the C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus folder was somehow moved in the next folder (namely C:\ProgramData\Promethean\Profantasy\CC3Plus) so I was able to retrieve everything.

I also now have a ProgramData\{lots of hexadecimal} folder containing files like CC3PlusUpdate1.dat .exe .msi .par .res

What should I do with this folder? Keep? Erase? Move elsewhere?

So now everything is ok for me but if you have trouble, take a peek in your ProgramData folders to see if files where not moved where they do not belong...

Oh and the Tip of the day form is desperatedly empty...
  • Posted By: viking2054Did the patch break CC3+ for anyone else? I installed it and now when I click on my desktop shortcut or actually open the start menu and navigate to the Profantasy folder and click the CC3+ icon, nothing happens. My hard drive just seems to act like it does when my computer is idle, blinking once every few seconds.

I even tried a repair after the initial update, afterwards, and nothing.
    Yes. Mine is also broken after installing the patch.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The fix for this is to uninstall CC3+ and do a fresh install with the new setup from the registration page (v3.66).
  • Thanks Ralf. It worked. Now I am instaling the DDc+ to see how it works.
  • Posted By: RalfThe fix for this is to uninstall CC3+ and do a fresh install with the new setup from the registration page (v3.66).
    DD also worked. Just one question.The add os, like Shessar Fireplaces and all the Annuals will be updated later right?
  • dagorhirdagorhir Traveler
    I get the following error in the event viewer when starting CC3+ after installing Update 1:
    Faulting application name: fcw32.exe, version: 0.0.0.620, time stamp: 0x54eb88d8
    Faulting module name: Effects.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54f47779
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00002e7e
    Faulting process id: 0x284
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d05c45069bc759
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\fcw32.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\Effects.dll

It appears to crash in the Effects.dll module.

The Update download should perhaps be corrected or removed to avoid further problems. Lost quite a lot figuring things out before finding this thread.

As Ralf previous mention an uninstall/install fixes the issue.
  • Posted By: Mateus090985DD also worked. Just one question.The add os, like Shessar Fireplaces and all the Annuals will be updated later right?
    Yes, they are going to update all Annuals and add-ons.