Newbie Dungeon

Hello

I'm a new user of CC3 and DD3.  I just finished the Sweeney tutorials and
was very happy at how quickly I was able to create a first dungeon.  

A couple of points of interest:

Using Media Player 11, I had very bad flickering in the tutorials.
Using the Divx player solved this problem.

During the save as Jpg portion of the tutorial, I believe the pixel count
is off. I believe the correct width is 1300 not 13000.

Here is my tutorial dungeon along with some action shots from Fantasy Grounds 2.
FirstDungeon 
Action1 
Action2 
Action3 
Action4
Action5

Tod

Comments

• It looks good! It is amazing how much Internet gaming is going on these days
  • This is great stuff. I've been wanting to get into online RPGing for ages and this makes me want to do it even more.
  • 14 days later
  • Just a quick note: it came up fine on my 24 inch Acer Monitor here.
    Well done for your first time stuff. You may want to look into getting the Ultimate Mapping book/Software too.
    I ordered it for the Fantasy set I am buying and from what I understand it takes you step by step, button by button through making maps.
  • edited October 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion and complements DarqRaven.

My main focus right now is DD3. What level of treatment does it get in the TOUM? Very specifically how many tutorials for creating the kind of cool dungeons I see around. Also, is there any specific information relating to the Fantasy Floor Plans Symbol Set 2? (see my other post)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: todwagMy main focus right now is DD3. What level of treatment does it get in the TOUM? Very specifically how many tutorials for creating the kind of cool dungeons I see around.
    Currently nothing in there for DD3. The Tome hasn't been updated to Version 3 status yet, so it still covers the old CC2 Pro range of products.
    So in that regard, it doesn't contain any tutorials for cool new DD3 style dungeons. What it does contain is a lot of useful information which helps you map better and smarter. It is still a highly useful book, but it won't contain information about new stuff that appeared in the version 3 product series.

The information regarding Symbol Set 2 in the Tome is almost nonexistent. Not really surprising, since SS2 only contains new symbols and styles, but not any new tools or different way of doing things. In any case, it only covers the old version of SS2 as well.
  • Does anyone have an idea when The Tome will be updated for the 3 Series of products? I'm immensely interested in it, but want to wait till it applies to what I have.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2008
    The Tome is still useful, even if it isn't updated to cover version 3 products, since the underlying functions are still the same, it's just that CC3 can do some new stuff not previously possible (Some of the biggest changes here are raster symbols and sheet effects), but almost everything the tome details still work the same way in CC3.

I don't think ProFantasy has a definite time in mind for the Tome yet though. I'm betting they are going for getting out proper manuals for all the products first, and we are still waiting for the CC3 manual.
    I for one hope they will put the V3 Tome on hold until they have released V3 versions of all their products, so we can get a complete V3 Tome. We are still waiting for V3 versions of Cosmographer, Character Artist, Dioramas and Perspectives. A new version of FT would also be nice before producing the next version of the Tome.
  • Back on topic as to Newbnie dungeons- I am running the Paizo Rise of the Runelords Campaign- my players decided to explore an area that is infested with goblins and home to a vile creature called the Sandpoitn Devil. Here's my map of the devil's lair with an adjoining goblin nest. I couldn't figure out how to get a higher resolution out of the JPEG, so comments are most welcome.
  • edited October 2008
    Bravefaces, I have two suggestions for you:
    • Turn on sheets effects and experiment with those effects for cooler looking maps.
    • Check this post for the saving as rectangular jpeg info. 50 to 72 pixels per 5 map feet gives excellent resolution.
  • Posted By: todwagThanks for the suggestion and complements DarqRaven.

My main focus right now is DD3. What level of treatment does it get in the TOUM? Very specifically how many tutorials for creating the kind of cool dungeons I see around. Also, is there any specific information relating to the Fantasy Floor Plans Symbol Set 2? (see my otherpost)
    It is my understanding (via emails with ProFantasy) that they ARE updating TOUM for the 3.0 releases. I have ordered it myself along with the Fantasy Mapping Set. As of this date, thou I have not gotten the software.
    So I really can not answer your questions yet.... Once I get my software I should be able to answer that as I also ordered the Fantasy Floor plans sets.

Also you may want to look into one of the stickies on turning your completed maps into PDF documents. This would allow for printing the maps.
    I will keep an eye on this thread so I can come back and answer you again later.