Using touch for scroll

Hello
I'm a mac user and I've bought a Surface pro 3 for using campagn cartographer.
Unfortunately I was'nt able to find how to scroll the map.
I'll like to use the pen to draw and use the tool, the finger to scroll (or zoom) but don't found how to archive this ...
does some one have a idea for that
Tks

Guillaume

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Unfortunately no. CC3/CC3+ doesn't understand touch input unfortunately, and is therefore not optimized for touch gestures either. There is a quick-pan feature on the middle mouse button, but my surface pen doesn't have enough buttons for that. I haven't use the surface 3 pen though, does that have extra buttons you can set up as a middle mouse button?

I've found the best way to scroll on the surface is to use the PAN command. To get quick access to this, you can add it to your right-click menu by adding the line
    Pan:~PAN;
    to the rclick.mnc file found in the System directory inside the CC3 installation directory (Or cc3+ data directory).
    Note that this will not allow you to use pan mid-command, since most commands ends when you right-click. To be able to do that, you could add an icon for the pan command to the main toolbars as well.
  • AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer
    "There is a quick-pan feature on the middle mouse button" SUPER useful. I can always learn something in the forums. Thank you. :)
  • If you're okay with some minor macro writing /programming it might be possible to remap your touch controls to mouse controls while you run CC3, using programs like auto-hotkey and vjoy.

Sadly I'm no expert myself, but I dabbled with them when I first started playing Elite: Dangerous. I'm not sure if you can map touch gesture controls with them, but it's certainly possible to remap every other kind of control.
  • Tks for your good idea ...
    Will try that this night ...
  • Hello
    Using this idea above I've use TouchMe Gesture Studio with allow to add some shortcut with touch gesture (3, 4 or 5 finger)

I've use the 4 fingers/tap left to send P+A+N+Enter to the front program

It's not the best solution but I can use it until profantasy will understand touch input
  • That's great. I'm glad you've made some progress!