Text Along a Curve

I'm trying to use the Text Along a Curve command to place text on a circular token I've made in CC3. The selected path is an center/radius defined arc that traces out the bottom portion of the token's circle. The problem is that the command writes the text mirrored (which means that it considers the start of the path to be the opposite side as the arc definition) and that it's written with the text to the outside of the curve when the baseline coincides with the curve (i.e. the text is upside down). How do I go about setting things up so that the text is written to inside of the curve and in the right direction?

Comments

• There is a context menu where you can specify wether the text should be above, below or on the curve. Iirc depends the direction text gets written on the direction the curve was drawn, but I am not sure about that.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The text follows the direction of the line. I think you may be able to turn it around somehow, but I don't remember how.
    One way to work around the problem is to draw a guideline on top of your line, and let the text follow the guideline instead of your real line. The "Text Along a Curve" can even delete this guideline automatically.
  • edited October 2008
    There is a context menu where you can specify wether the text should be above, below or on the curve.
    I've got that, as it's integrated into the dialog for the command. The problem is that it simply moves the text baseline without changing the orientation of the text. My problem is primarily one of text orientation, not relative positioning.[p]

I'll look into using a substitute guideline instead of the arc. At the very least that should give me more control over what CC3 considers the start and end of the line.
  • sdavies2720sdavies2720 Traveler
    edited October 2008
    If the path you're using makes the text go the wrong way, you can 'flip' the path around. The text command is "flp" -- I'm not sure whether it's on any of the menus or not. Try that, then do your text along the curve function again.

Edit: Darn. I thought that did it, but it doesn't appear to change the direction of the text. I've forgotten how to do it. Bangs head. Stupid work, I'm forgetting all the important stuff.