Work Vanished?

Working on duplicating a large map for my game and I just got all the walls layed down. I start dropping in doors and save. Zoom out and ... blank white screen. Think cc3 must just be bugged and close cc3 and start up and reload. Blank white screen.

Even if I try to draw a new wall it just is blank white.

I do a "count all" and it shows that the items are still there (I think) but I can't see them.

Please tell me I didn't loose all my work ;(

Attached said map.

edit: more info

I can see the map in the preview. Hiding all layers does not fix the "white out" mode. I can select layers and the entities are there (count shows up at least). I can "save as" and see the walls/etc are still there. It seems just CC3 displaying is the issue.
DM Duane

Comments

• If you have the Autosave feature turned on, your latest autosave file is currently still saved.Because when you autosave, it saves to a separate file other than your actual save file.

The Autosave folder can be found in your root directory i believe. However if you have autosave'd another map then this will have overwritten it.

Anyways hope this helps.
  • Same map.

So poking around more I can SEE the map in the preview as well. So I am hoping it's just some buggy setting that flipped I can correct.
  • On my preview, there is a huge red X across the map. What is on your background map sheet ? BM-t1.png?
  • edited February 2015
    Posted By: seycyrusOn my preview, there is a huge red X across the map. What is on your background map sheet ? BM-t1.png?
    Yeap. Thats the background image I was tracing. I can upload the image tho if you think it'll help ya. There should be a lot of walls in the "walls" layer/sheet.
  • edited February 2015
    This is very Strange, Celestian.

Usually, the white screen syndrome occurs when an entity is accidentaly placed far from the rest of the map so Zoom Extents zooms so much the whole map is reduced to a dot.

In your case though, hiding sheets or trying to zoom to coordinates failed.

So I use the Clipboard copy to select everything and pasted it in a blanck map.
    It looks like everything is there, but you might have to insert the bitmap again.
  • Posted By: Joachim de Ravenbel
    So I use theClipboard copyto select everything and pasted it in a blanck map.
    It looks like everything is there, but you might have to insert the bitmap again.
    Can you explain the clipboard copy? I just poked around on the copy options I could find but couldn't select anything on the window.

Thanks, I'll try out the file you placed here.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited February 2015
    Here is a version with the original bitmap included. It was most likely some kind of corruption in the coordinate system that caused the problem. To fix:

- Create a new dungeon map in the same style and size
    - Delete everything from this new map
    - use Draw > Insert to place the original map in the new one.
  • edited February 2015
    Posted By: CelestianCan you explain the clipboard copy?
    I use it to copy entities from one map to another. It's like the copy/paste form a text editor.

To copy, right-click on the copy icon and choose Copy to clipboard. Select the entities, right-click do it then click on a point or enter coordinates (0,0 is usually a good choice). This last part is often forgotten (hence the color).

To paste, right-click on the copy icon and choose Paste (or Ctrl V) then click on a point or enter coordinates (same as above is a good choice).
  • Thank you for all the help. The first map I tried worked. I will experiment with the copy/paste and/or draw->insert so if this happens again I'll be able to resolve it ;)
  • Thanks for this thread it saved a map of mine. It somehow got messed up with using multi windows, I was able to get the map back and copy it to a new map.