Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015 edited

I posted a map of the city, where I am making geomorphs of 0.2 mile hexagonsa few days ago . This map is of the area around that city.

larger version at the bottom of this page with information on the area on the same page. The map on my site is 997 x 1200.
      dtillanorsti01b.png
    • CommentAuthormike121
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016

I posted a dale hollow lake map of the city, where I am making geomorphs of 0.2 mile hexagonsa few days ago . This map is of the area around that city. larger version at the bottom of this page with information on the area on the same page. The map on my site is 997 x 1200. dtillanorsti01b.png
    Hi Above map does not show the forest area in Norhound.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

My goodness! It must have taken you ages to do that! Well worth the trouble though - a very nice map. Well done :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016 edited

I don't think Norhound has a forest.

And thanks LoopySue.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I moved the map further up that page on my site. There are olive trees near Norhound, not a regular forest.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2016

I've never known quite how to use some of the symbols that come with CC like the fruit and haystacks and horses heads. Thanks for enlightening me JimP!

Cool map. Love the clouds!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Some annual styles include similar symbols, like shepherds and animals and such.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

You're welcome. I use the horse's heads to show horse raising areas. The full horse symbols for wild horses.

As you all can see, I put the grain, fruit, etc. symbols on top of the farm symbols to shop what is grown in that area. Or to show the main crop.

I think vegetable, and more types of fruit trees, symbols would be good to.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016

Seeing your maps like these....with the symbols indicating regions of specific crops, etc. always tempts me to do one like this for my own campaign....Good work, as always, Jim.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016

Thank you. This particular area does need some smaller map work, but I haven't had time recently.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2016 edited

Here is the area map, showing districts in Dtillan Orsti. Po is poor, Ri is rich, Pa is park, Me is merchants, Mi is military. On my site are various geomorphs for the Traveler's Path ( how travelers get from the docks to inland and has a number of Inns and general stores), poor areas, and parks in different levels of repair. The rest of the city ias sort of a hodgepoge. No set districts.

Well, yes, some of the stores and inns along the Traveler's Path are there to uhm... not so much fleece the traveler, but to help them spend their money. Yes, thats how to say that... :-)
      dtillan_orsti_plan01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2017 edited

First military geomorph. I'll be, as i have time, convert all of them to squares 500' x 400' instead of a the hex maps I currently have for some of the older ones. i really need to write down my plans...

Not sure where I got the 'crystal tile' border... it was some years ago.
      do_military001bb.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Here is the second one. Once you have a template decision made, just vary each map and you can turn out a dozen of these types of geomorpghs rather quickly.

The geomorphs link above shows links to all of them I have posted to my site.
      do_military002bb.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

And one last one. version 3.
      do_military003bb.png