Difficulties installing CC3 addons

Hello there,

this is my first post and I already have to adress some difficulties I encountered installing CC3 addons. Normally I solve those problems by myself, reading Techarticles and forums like this and normally I get it done myself. But this time I am stuck.
I bought the Fantasy Mapper package earlier this month and after some minor troubles installing it (" is not a valid integer, thou repairing the installtion does work and CC3, CA3, DD3 and CD3 work fine) I got hooked on doing stuff with the Software. I am a newb but I got really cool maps half done by now, so I am making progress. To get some more input I bought the Source Maps and the Tome of ultimate mapping today. After installing these my CC3 refused working, telling me that my FCW32.exe is broken. I swept through the support articles and read some of the manuals and got more and more confused. The techarticles say that I have to install a patch(without mentioning a Releasenumber), that I can't find to download (the CC version is 3.43) also it states that SM: Temples, SM: Castles and the Tome are not compatible with CC3 and require CC2 Pro. The Productpage states that those are compatibel with CC3 and the installfiles for SM: Castles and SM: Temples are labeled CC3 compatible. Has anyone encountered similar troubles regarding these? Does the -" is not a valid integer - error- maybe have something to do with it? I reinstalled twice and tried the second time to do it by the installation order of the techarticle as far as possible (since I never found any patches), but without success. So a little help would really be appreciated. :)

Regards from Germany

Jan

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The tome is CC3 compatible (as long as you have the Tome v3, but that is the only one you can buy nowadays), but as for the Source-maps products, you must make sure to install the "Compatibility update" version, which is for CC3, and NOT the standard setup, which are for CC2 Pro. You should be able to download both from your registration page (But you only need the compatibility update, it is a complete install in itself). If you install the old CC2 Pro setup file, it will mess up your CC3 installation.
  • It's solved, but thanks for the advice. Seems that my installation files were messed up. Got an CC 3.42 with patch 11 seperatly from techsupport (thanks to Ralf). Installing 3.42 first, then all of the addons and patch 11 last, seems to do the trick. Everything works except for some of the symbolpreviews, but I still can place the stuff so I can work with it.

Regards

Jan
  • 1 year later
  • BB36BB36 Newcomer
    Re-installed CC3 on a new PC.

Installed CC3 and Update 11, CD3, DD3, CA2007, Ca2008, Dioramas, Perspectives, COS 2 with some difficulties but powered through it

However I have CAPro with the CC3 Comparable install. When I try it, I have to uninstall everything and reload.

What is the correct procedure to inst CAPro in CC3?

Thanks
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2016
    When installing CA Pro, make sure you ONLY install the compatibility update, DO NOT use the original installer at all, as this will mess up your CC3 installation. Also, always install the latest update after installing all the add-ons, as it updates add-ons as well as the core software. Apart from that, there shouldn't be any precautions necessary for CA Pro.