Olonas Questions

Hi all, long time since I have spent some time using CC.

Happy to see that I still remember some of the stuff I used many years ago, and not at least happy to see the CC3+ coming out.

However, there are several things I would like to learn, so I have started this thread hoping some people will answer my questions.

First of all, how do we get roads to be dots. Similar to the dots in this map from Clercon (http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4774&page=1).

Comments

• ClerconClercon Betatester Traveler
    Hello Olona,
    It is actually quite easy to get the dotted road. What you have in your map is major roads, instead select minor roads in the style and you get the dotted ones :)
  • olonaolona Newcomer
    Thanks, I 've tried the minor roads, but they look more like lines gap lines gap if you konw what I mean. I suspect it got something to do with the scale I choose in my map, but not 100% sure.
  • olonaolona Newcomer
    Is it possible to create SciFi maps with CC3+?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You can technically make any kind of maps with CC3+, but it doesn't come with sci-fi themed artwork. However, if you are willing to go hunting the internet for appropriate fill styles and symbols, CC3+ can certainly make the map. However, ProFantasy sells the Cosmographer add-on, which is designed to make sci-fi maps, and comes with a whole lot of symbols and fill styles for this purpose. Cosmographer is not yet compatible with CC3+, but a compatibility upgrade to make it compatible will be made available. I suspect it won't be too long, but they'll probably release compatibility upgrades for DD3 and CD3 first.
    There is also a couple of annual issues, the Hi-Space battle tiles, that deals with making sci-fi battlemaps. The annuals are also waiting for a compatibility upgrade to be able to use with CC+ however, but ProFantasy has said they will do so.
    In the meantime you can always use these annuals and addons with CC3.