Annuals questions and 13th Age Style

Hi All,

New guy here, so i apologize for the obvious and oblivious questions.

First off, i think i figured out that purchasing an annual gets me 12 issues worth of content? Am i correct?

Second, if i was to subscribe now it sates i would get all of 2014's content along with the upcoming content of 2015? So if im correct, i get two years worth for one price?

Third, i just bought SS2 v3, are there any annuals that would be redundant or i should avoid?

4th,what annual is the 13 Age Style in, i hear so much about?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Ok because google is my friend, i was able to find out that 13th Age is in annual 6.

Sorry to have wasted Kilobytes
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. Yes. Do note that you get the 12 issues belonging to the year you buy, not 12 issues starting from the month you buy the annual.

2. No. Unless ProFantasy has a special promotion I am not aware of, you get one year's content when you buy the annual. If you buy the 2015 edition, you get everything released this far and the rest of the issues as they are released. If you buy the 2014 annual, you get all 12 issues immediately,. as they are all released.

3. No, not really. Annuals rarely have any overlap with other products, and even when they do, it is still only one out of 12 issues. But if you are not going to buy all of them, I would recommend looking through each to find the ones most interesting to you anyway.
  • First, have you checked out the free annual issues that are available.

http://www.profantasy.com/rpgmaps/?p=2047

This will give you a good idea of what the annual issues are like.

Second, note that some annuals have additional files that you need to download separately by going to page for that particular annual issue.

The free annuals issues are not included with the installers for the Annuals for each year separate year so you need to install them separately.

Example the Battle tiles issue has zips of tutorial videos that are not included in the installer but that you need to download separately. (These are better resolution and quality ones than the ones found on YouTube. It is a good idea to look at the page for each annual issue and see if it has any additional supplemental downloads.

http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2009/special09.html

In regards to question 3 I will add this:

Some annual issues do have overlap with other annual issues, but this is rare and familiarity with the over lapping annual usually isn't problem.

Example,
    The Battle Tiles issue, which is free, has an overlap with the High Space one as the both deal with making battle tiles and the High Space one assumes you are familiar with the Battle Tiles one.