What's up with the symbols?

Don't know what did it but now none of the symbol icons work properly. For example clicking on any of the dungeon icons for DD3 brings up the select catalog settings box and then only one catalog is displayed, they are all installed though I checked. This also applies to the normal CC3 catalogs and everything except the city ones (CD3 is not installed but bits of it seem to have krept in with various annuals.

However when you click on the City icon to toggle the city symbols all the icons for the city symbols appear, plus the Bitmap A and B icons, none of them work! The command which appears at the bottom is MENUDM If I then click on say the Default/Miscellaneous icon the command now reads Dark color number [dialog], if I enter a number is then asks for a Light Color number then the command CATICON1 appears, other symbol icons produce different numbers. Trying to manually open a catalog at this point shows that it is looking for a catalog prefixed with CD3C. Presumably when I get CD3 this will fix itself?

However all of the non city symbol icons are now behaving erratically.

Any ideas?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi Skaran,
    please try re-applying Patch 6 (available from the registration page). Does this fix your problem?
  • No 'fraid not, also tried uninstalling the CD2 compatability patch first and then re-applying patch 6 no dice. I was able to produce the same problem on a seperate notebook computer running Vista, (my desktop runs XP) and got the same behaviour. I do have pretty much all the add-ons profantasy produced for CC installed so I think something had an argument and decided to go home.

Its looking like a reinstall coming up, and since it appears its the CD3 stuff that "might" be the culprit I'll leave that out and see if that fixes it.