Use of other ProFantasy products with CC 3+

Hello.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. If I purchase a CC 3+ upgrade now under early adopter and install it now, will my other ProFantasy products work with it? I use DD 3, CD 3, SS 1-4, a couple annuals (plus some other non-add-on products that have no bearing on this question).

Thank you very much.

Jamie

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    No add-ons don't work with CC3+ yet. CC3 installs separately and independently from CC3 and the add-ons. We'll be releasing free compatibilty upgrades for all other software over the next few months. You can take advantage of the early adopter discount now and then install it a couple of months down the line.
  • Thank you for the response. I purchased the early adopter upgrade this evening and I'll tinker around with it. I look forward to the add-on updates.

Jamie
  • CielCiel Traveler
    Figured I would just add to this thread, since it's about the same subject I'm wondering about, rather than make a new one. So:

If I understand correctly, at the moment, most Annual add-ons can't be used with CC3+. I have two questions on this point.

One, I assume the answer is yes, but will ALL the Annual add-ons released over the years be made compatible with + over the course of the next few months? One of my projects uses nothing but add-ons, it's a modern setting. But the add-ons I use (Modern Political and Modern City/Modern Road) are ones I've barely if ever seen discussed on the forums, which makes me think they're not widely used . Can I count on them being included in the compatibility updates that will occur over the next few months so that I can work in those styles in CC3+?

Two, in regards to the idea of buying the upgrade now - if I install CC3+, will I still be able to start up "regular" CC3 separately? Basically, I'd love to download + and start playing with it, but not if it will make me unable to open regular CC3, because I know I'll want to work on my existing projects soon. So can I install + to check it out and still go back to regular CC3 to work? Or should I buy + now (to take advantage of the discount) but hold off on actually installing it until my add-ons have been made compatible with it?
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    Saito, I can only answer your second question: Yes, CC3 and CC3+ are installed totally side by side.
  • I am currently using both CC3 and CC3+ to make maps.
  • CielCiel Traveler
    Great! Thanks for the info, I'll be buying and installing + soon then, knowing that I can play around with it, which I'm very eager to do, and still open up CC3 to work on my existing projects.

And yeah, as far as my 1st question goes, I figured only someone from PF would be able to answer that, heh.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, we will make all Annuals work with CC3+.
  • "Yes, we will make all Annuals work with CC3+."

That's good to know. Thanks, Ralf.
  • 1 month later
  • There is some way that I can add one specific annual style to my CC+?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2015
    Most of them can be added by copying the appropriate files from your CC3 installation folder (c:\program files(x86)\ProFantasy\CC3 by default) to your CC3+ data folder (c:\programdata\ProFantasy\CC3Plus by default). Most styles consists only of files from the Templates,Symbol and system\drawtools directories. Just make sure the relative path within the CC3+ data directory is exactly the same as it was inside the CC3 installation directory.
    Note that getting the symbol catalog buttons to work is much more tricky, so you need to load the symbol catalogs manually through the load symbol catalog button on top of the symbol catalog window rather than use the symbol catalog buttons.
    Do note that this is not a supported method, and not guaranteed to work with all styles.
  • SorpawSorpaw Newcomer
    To be clear; CC3 and CC3+ are installed as separate programs? Early last year, the thought was that CC3 and CC3+ would work on both Windows 7 and 8. Is that still the case?

Thanks,

Sorpaw
  • I have both CC3 and CC3+ on my Win 7 machine; they installed in separate directories and don't (so far) conflict with each other.
  • SorpawSorpaw Newcomer
    OK. I hope this is a sign of (good) things to come.

Thank you -

Sorpaw
  • 2 months later
  • Just wondering, is there a list what works and what doesn't in CC3+
    and maybe a list in what order things will be added?

or even if I might be hopeful
    a list with the order and a time frame?

I just got hooked on CC3 and DD3 and I would really like to buy SS2 for example but I don't know if it will work on CC3+
    as I am starting to learn how to use the program I rather learn only the newest version.

Cheers,

Kay
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2015
    Currently, DD3, CD3 and SS4 works with CC3+. ProFantasy is working on getting everything else compatible, but as far as I know, there is no public schedule available.

Do note that CC3+ is still in "Early Adopter" stage, so if you wish the full experience with all add-ons, you should be using CC3. Also note that the way you do things in CC3 and CC3+ are for the most part identical, whatever you learn in CC3 will transfer directly to CC3+, so you shouldn't be worried about learning an 'old version' of the program.
  • AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer
    I haven't had any trouble editing maps in both versions.

I've found that I can import symbols for most things as the directory structure is similar so I can place those. What I can't do right now is use Annual specific drawing tools. And for those things, I save my drawing, open it in CC3, make the changes, then go back to CC3+ because now I'm spoiled with the speed boosts.